Whitney Houston Dead: Singer Dies At 48 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
If it was that easy, millions of women would have been spared living through abusive relationships by leaving their partners after the first time they were hit.
We're not talking about millions of women. We're talking about Whitney Houston: Mega Superstar. Not enough hyperbole could be used to describe her standing in not only the music world, but the entertainment world. Her situation cannot be compared to your average woman. But, that's not really the focus of my point. My point is that people are holding him responsible for her death when I don't view that to be accurate. Don't use my stance on her acceptance of his violence to derail the issue of contention here. Which is that the man didn't cause her death. She did.
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 08:39 AM
She was a good singer.
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Besides, Bobby didn't beat her to death. It's irrelevant. We're talking about drug abuse
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #169
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
We're not talking about millions of women. We're talking about Whitney Houston: Mega Superstar. Not enough hyperbole could be used to describe her standing in not only the music world, but the entertainment world. Her situation cannot be compared to your average woman. But, that's not really the focus of my point. My point is that people are holding him responsible for her death when I don't view that to be accurate. Don't use my stance on her acceptance of his violence to derail the issue of contention here. Which is that the man didn't cause her death. She did.
I guess mega superstars are not human, then.

I don't see your point. And, for the record, I blame neither in this situation.

Anyway, I don't want to get into any prolonged debates here.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,919
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono View Post
Was it also her choice to get the shit kicked out of her by Mr. Brown?

I'm sorry but IMO that marriage was the start of her downhill slide. If a person is weak and has an addictive personality (like she might have had), you do everything to try and help - not take advantage of this personality.

I TOTALLY blame him for ruining her career and ultimately causing her untimely death.
Gotta love this method of thinking.


So if Tina Turner suddenly commits suicide, are you going to TOTALLY blame Ike as well?
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Besides, Bobby didn't beat her to death. It's irrelevant. We're talking about drug abuse

Right, but 5 years after their divorce, he was still able to use mental telepathy and mindfuck her into continuing to abuse drugs. Yes, I'm being sarcastic here, but that almost seems to be the prevailing thought. Which is foolish.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
I guess mega superstars are not human, then.

I don't see your point. And, for the record, I blame neither in this situation.

Anyway, I don't want to get into any prolonged debates here.

Yes, that's apparent that you don't see my point. You were comparing Whitney Houston (who when she met Bobby Brown could have bought her own country) to an average woman. That's the mistake right there. Of course she's human, but she is far from the average one. To believe otherwise is mindboggling.

And for the record, I blame Whitney Houston for her own death because she abused drugs to the point that her body gave out and she died. My point was all along that Bobby Brown wasn't responsible.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #173
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Of course she's human, but she is far from the average one. To believe otherwise is mindboggling.
Just quoting this because it's one of the more ridiculous statements I've seen on here in a while.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Just quoting this because it's one of the more ridiculous statements I've seen on here in a while.

Ok, why is this ridiculous? If you're going to throw that adjective out there, back it up with a reason. I'm not asking for a longwinded essay. Perhaps a concise explanation that requires a sentence or two.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #175
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 10:39 AM
You seem to think that because she's a celebrity with loads of cash, that she is somehow immune to some of the limitations that humans have. The only difference between their relationship problems and those of millions of others is the fact that they're celebrities, have money, and were under the microscope. To put the blame on her for staying, to me, is ridiculous, because she is human after all.

Celebrities are people too, and the moment we realize that, that's when we'll see that their problems are just like ours.

Not sure if I'm making sense.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,890
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
She was a good singer.
This is the only good post in this thread so far.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A HEART THAT IS BROKEN IS A HEART THAT IS OPEN
Posts: 4,954
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I didn't start the hurtful jokes, all I said is that the JOKE never dies.
Why do you have such a problem with me?
__________________
Jeannieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
You seem to think that because she's a celebrity with loads of cash, that she is somehow immune to some of the limitations that humans have. The only difference between their relationship problems and those of millions of others is the fact that they're celebrities, have money, and were under the microscope. To put the blame on her for staying, to me, is ridiculous, because she is human after all.

Celebrities are people to, and the moment we realize that, that's when we'll see that their problems are just like ours.

Not sure if I'm making sense.
Well, I actually do see your point. But, I suppose the unsaid point was that Whitney had the financial wherewithall and family/friend support staff to leave Bobby when the abuse in their relationship was in its infancy. Your average woman doesn't always have that to fall back on. Which was somewhat what I was alluding to.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life
 
ryancoke71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,678
Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
You seem to think that because she's a celebrity with loads of cash, that she is somehow immune to some of the limitations that humans have. The only difference between their relationship problems and those of millions of others is the fact that they're celebrities, have money, and were under the microscope. To put the blame on her for staying, to me, is ridiculous, because she is human after all.

Celebrities are people to, and the moment we realize that, that's when we'll see that their problems are just like ours.

Not sure if I'm making sense.
It makes total sense. Well said.

You can have all of the money in the world, but still not muster the strength to leave.

She was an amazing talent, and will be missed. I'm focusing on the fact that in all of this, a mother lost a daughter (their closeness was well known) and a daughter lost her mom (much too soon).
__________________
ryancoke71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Just quoting this because it's one of the more ridiculous statements I've seen on here in a while.
how do you know, her vocal range was anything but normal

they haven't been able to complete the autopsy yet, they could find some interesting stuff in her DNA




The Truth is Out There
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com