White Lies - part Depeche, part killers, and a light dusting of Duran Duran

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deltau922

War Child
Stumbled upon this band a couple years ago and they're pretty awesome. Fourth album is coming out this fall. Do yourself a favor and check them out if you're like me and missed them the first couple times around.

I remember hearing about this band a few years ago but never got around to checking them out. Good time to fix that!

Wait , what? White Lies have been around forever , can't believe nobody mentioned them before. Thanks for bringing them up. :up: Love their simple and moody songs.

" Lets grow old together, and die at the same time" From the song To lose my life... Just epic.

And from Farewell to the Fairground:

"Goodbye to this dead town, untill the ice begins to thaw"

Seen them live at festivals (pinkpop and glastonbury) and altough the singers voice isn't always supersteady, they still somehow deliver.

Last edited:
The new album is excellent. Even more of an 80s sound this time

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

These guys have been poorly reviewed for their past two albums, but I think both are terrific. They hit the nail on the head when it comes to execution of what they are good at.

Hold Back Your Love and Swing are the stand outs of what is a consistently enjoyable album. The last two minutes of Swing in particular are the best on the record.

I wanted to like them but I feel like I've heard all the songs before or I'm listening to the same song over and over again.

Ha! I just sat in my car an extra couple minutes waiting for that song to end. Such a beautiful conclusion.

I wanted to like them but I feel like I've heard all the songs before or I'm listening to the same song over and over again.

I understand that point of view. They have a sound, they stick to it.

I find the album rewarding on repeat listens, but I'm not expecting to find anything new.

Back
Top Bottom