What's YOUR favorite song by Joy Division?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please pick your five favorite songs by Joy Division

• Total voters

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Just for fun:

People were talking about wanting to do a Joy Division survivor, which would last about a week, I'm guessing, so why not just a thread with a poll (because the world needs more polls) for fun-times Joy Division conversation!

So,

What's your favorite song by Joy Division? (Please limit it to 5 choices)

(I just took the tracks from the two albums and Substance, in case anyone was wondering)

I love that you of all people started this poll.

Disorder, Day of the Lords, Atmosphere and Love Will Tear Us Apart are easily my top four. All of those songs are absolutely outstanding.

New Dawn Fades and Isolation tied for fifth, but I went with Isolation to make it look like I listen to Closer, which I don't very often.

I love that you of all people started this poll.

Disorder, Day of the Lords, Atmosphere and Love Will Tear Us Apart are easily my top four. All of those songs are absolutely outstanding.

New Dawn Fades and Isolation tied for fifth, but I went with Isolation to make it look like I listen to Closer, which I don't very often.

I'm pretty vocal about my hatred for Joy Division's albums :lol:. I just love polls.

No, but seriously, I'm finally slowly coming all the way around. Give it a few more years of my annual spins and I'll probably full-blown love both albums. The thing with Joy Division is the highs are so high, it's insane.

"Atmosphere" is one of those songs that instantly brings me to tears every time I hear it. Every time.

Atmosphere
Love Will Tear Us Apart
She's Lost Control
Transmission
Heart and Soul

Digital, disorder, dead souls, transmission, love will tear us apart, she's lost control, atmosphere. Can't put them in order, can't whittle the list down further than that. Can't play this game.

I can't pick 5. Shoot me.

Also, why is Ceremony not in this list? It is in fact a Joy Division song, and a fine one at that.

Ditto with In A Lonely Place, just a brilliant - if heartbreakingly haunting - track.

In order:

Dead Souls, The Eternal, Disorder, Decades, Ceremony

And if you only count studio recordings, Ceremony out and Twenty Four Hours in.

Disorder, Leaders of Men, Digital, Transmission, Dead Souls

Ima listen to all their stuff later today I think.

New Dawn Fades (I only voted for that one before I realized I could've voted for more)

Disorder
Decades
I Remember Nothing
The Eternal

EDIT: Did the same as Danny Boy. Could change it for me too Khan?

I didn't count Ceremony because...come on, there is no official recording with Curtis on the vocals that's even complete. That's a New Order song.

However, that's what the "Other" option was for :wink:.

I started this thread mainly to discuss Joy Division, so it's fine if you can't pick your favorites, I just love polls :drool:

Was Joy Division who we were talking about doing? I kinda just did this out of a conversation I was having with Travis on very little sleep, so I'm sorry if I jumped in front of your thread :uhoh:

I didn't count Ceremony because...come on, there is no official recording with Curtis on the vocals that's even complete. That's a New Order song.

Eh, this is open for discussion. There are recordings that have been officially released. Ian Curtis wrote the lyrics and it is therefore a Joy Division song that has been remade by New Order. It belongs to both incarnations in my mind.

Eh, this is open for discussion. There are recordings that have been officially released. Ian Curtis wrote the lyrics and it is therefore a Joy Division song that has been remade by New Order. It belongs to both incarnations in my mind.

That's fair enough, my response was a little bitchy, I apologize, not sure where that came from.

Therez so-ooo many great albums to chooze from!!

Makes it easy to hear their entire discography. I re-ripped at their stuff at a higher bitrate this morning, will probably listen to it on the iPod later today or tomorrow.

This thread prompted me to listen to Unknown Pleasures for the first time in a long while. The stretch of New Dawn Fades - She's Lost Control - Shadowplay is unrelenting in its bleakness and brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom