What concert tours did you see the most shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdxracer

The Fly
I have been a big U2 fan, but only saw them once in 1987, shame on me.

As far as other music is concerned, I have seen multiple shows for other artists that I am a big follower.

I have seen Depeche Mode 8 times, 4 times on the "Music for the Masses" tour in 1988, including Pasadena.

More recently, in 1997 when The Police announced a World Tour, I was ecstatic when hearing the news. I had been a fan of theirs since grade school and high school, but then Sting went solo in 1985/6, and never got to see them live.

I got to see them 4 times on their tour, the first being in Seattle, and then over a year later at Clark County Amphitheatre (Portland), Red Rocks (Colorado), and then the best show ever. I had been on Stewart Copelands website for quite awhile, and Stewart bought 80 tickets around the state and pit area, for his fans, and I was one of the ones picked to go see their FINAL show at Madison Square Garden in August of 2008. I had a week to find airfare, and basically from Portland to NYC from wheels up to wheels down, was 32 Hours. Was an amazing show, and also got to see the B-52's open for them.

As far as other artists/bands, have see Van Halen 3 times total, Pearl Jam 6 times, Chris Isaak 3 times, Tom Petty 3 times.

U2 Vertigo Tour, twice.

That Depeche Mode--Rose Bowl concert would have been cool to be at. I remember watching the video of that when I was younger.

I have seen Depeche Mode 8 times, 4 times on the "Music for the Masses" tour in 1988, including Pasadena.

I saw DM on the Music for the Masses tour too. :up: I've seen them 3 times total. I've seen The Cure twice, No Doubt twice, various other shows one time but U2 is still in the lead with 7 shows. 3 on the Vertigo tour. One more coming up in a couple weeks will make 8.

I saw Vertigo 6 times, and 360 will be 6 times by the end as well.

Before that, it was once on ZooTV and once on Popmart (0 on Elevation). So I was making up for lost time. :wink:

I saw Coldplay touring X&Y three times. Which is absolutely hilarious in hindsight.

It was - both shows were great. :) I'd been a huge fan for a long time, and it was my first time seeing them.

I think the only band I've ever seen multiple shows in the same tour for is U2. I've seen a couple other bands when they were still supporting the same albums or material, but that probably wasn't officially the same tour.

Bands I've seen multiple times? A bunch.

U2 is the leader by a large margin. When this leg ends, I'll have seen them a total of 10 times (Zoo TV x1, Elevation x1, Vertigo x2 & 360 x6 - making up for lost time, too! :wink: ).

I've seen lots of other acts, but the only other multiples are Muse x5 & Three Doors Down x3.

When 360 is over I'll have seen 4 shows (just saw them 1 time each on previous tours). The only other band I've done this for is Tegan & Sara, and I saw them play in Seattle & Vancouver during two separate tours.

U2 would have the record - 15 shows in each of three tours before 360 (will have seen 11 on 360 before all is said and done..), plus one each on Joshua Tree and ZooTV and I think eight special performances.

Most in a single tour besides U2, would have to be Radiohead in 2003 - saw four shows in three countries on their tour that year, plus one special performance (they performed their original music for a modern dance work for Merce Cunningham).

Although...I've seen Muse seven times in their current touring cycle, but five of those were opening for U2, so... ;)

Have seen a bunch multiple times spread out on different tours - Pearl Jam, REM, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Muse etc. I think Radiohead is the non-U2 winner there too, with a total of 13 shows (plus Tibetan Freedom '97 & '98, the special dance performance and Thom w/Atoms for Peace).

Vertigo Tour - 9 Times (that's counting one rehearsal)
360 - 6 Times
Tori Amos - Sinful Attraction Tour 4 times
Muse - 4 times on the Tour supporting "Black Holes and Revelations"
The Killers - 3 times on the "Sam's Town Tour"
Matchbox Twenty - In 2007 I saw them twice and also in 2003/04 I can't remember saw them twice.
Crowded House on their small 2007 (I think) tour saw them twice also.

Thats about all I can think of.

hmm, first place for me is u2, i'll have seen them five times on the 360 tour (plus two rehearsals) soon. second is duran duran four times in 2005/2006 for their astronaut tour. (i could be cheeky and include their 2003 show which wasn't in support of any album, but it did have its own name, though i did hear a couple new songs :blahblah:)

i usually only get to see people once; i'll either see them where i live or in the states i'd travel for a show. but never several shows.

-U2 on Vertigo 4 times, Elevation 3 times, and 360 a total of 7 times when it's all said and done.

-Arcade Fire 3 times on the Funeral tour, twice on Neon Bible tour, and 3 times on The Suburbs tour

-The Killers 2 times on their last tour

-Coldplay twice on the X & Y tour

By the end of this leg I'll have seen 360 6 times, would have been 8 if I could still make it to Anaheim. I've only ever seen other tours a maximum of 2 times.

REM -- Green Tour -- 3 times -- Dayton, Knoxville, Lexington

Toad the Wet Sprocket -- Fear Tour -- 2 times -- Cincinnati & Dayton

The Church:

• Forget Yourself Tour -- 5 times -- Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Kansas City
  • Uninvited Like the Clouds Tour -- 5 times -- Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee
    -- I also got to see Rob Dickinson of Catherine Wheel open on this tour 4 times (the other show I was too busy visiting and missed him :lol: ) -- he's one hell of a charmer! :love:

• So Love May Find Us Tour -- 6 times -- Pittsburgh; Falls Church, VA; Annapolis, MD; Philadelphia; Foxboro, MA; Londonderry, NH
  • An Intimate Space: 30th Anniversary Tour -- 4 times -- Cleveland; Ferndale, MI; Pittsburgh; Atlanta
  • Future Past Perfect Tour -- 5 times -- Alexandria, VA; Philadelphia, NYC (2 times); Atlanta

And I saw The National play once last year (Columbus) and once this year (Cincinnati), but am not sure it would qualify as the same tour.

I've seen lots of bands multiple times over different tours, too many to remember though! They were all in the 80's, I think I've seen The Kinks 3 times. But for multiple times on the same tour, it's only Green Day and U2 who are currently tied. After the 360 Tour is over though, U2 will be in the lead. :)

nirniva said:
I'll have seen 360 twice as of July 5.

Same.

Also saw them twice for Vertigo.

Saw Bruce twice during the Magic tour

Annnnd...actually....saw Bowling For Soup twice during the tour for Sorry for Partying (three times I've seen them total)

Only ther multi-views have been Tom Petty on two different tours and The Killers at two different festivals on two different tours.

Arcade Fire on the Neon Bible tour. 2 pre-release shows + 1 full show.

U2 on the 360 tour...soon. 1 in Toronto, and 2 to come in Montreal.

Muse - 4 times The Resistance tour, 3 times Black Holes & Revelations tour (not counting their festival sets)

U2 - 3 times Vertigo, 3 times 360 Tour

Tori Amos - 2 times on tour supporting American Doll Posse, 2 times on Sinful Attraction Tour

Oh and PJ Harvey 2 times, on a tour in between Uh Huh Her and White Chalk that didn't really support any particular album

I saw the Vertigo tour three times. Once in Philly (with Bruce!), then both shows in Atlanta.

Other than that:

Radiohead 2006 Theatre Tour x2
Radiohead In Rainbows Tour x2
Bruce Springsteen Working on a Dream Tour x2

As of Anaheim2 I have now seen U2 more times on the same tour than any other band. Took me long enough!

Individual tours, my top 3 are also my "most seen" artists. I probably have some sort of OCD going on here :lol:

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite / Les Folies x15 (total 42 shows)
U2 - Vertigo x14 & 360 x12 (total 33 shows)
Madonna - Confessions Tour x11 (total 24 shows)

Back
Top Bottom