What bands (other than U2) are you really digging right now? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #76
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Elbow

Old 02-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #77
Refugee

Arcade Fire,and i love me some chili peppers!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel;7136774 and recently I've started doing the same with Bruce Springsteen. Knew all his big songs, just started hearing some of his albums, and liking what I've heard thus far, [i
Nebraska[/i] (this album freakin' KILLED me, so depressing but SO GOOD) and The River being particular favorites ("Drive All Night"-man, can we talk for a second about how sexy that song is?)

Angela
Bruce is one of my all-time favorites. I love the way that even though often times he writes his songs with specific characters and stories, there's something universal about them. And, yes, "Drive All Night" is probably his sexiest song after, "I'm on Fire". LOVE
Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Bruce is one of my all-time favorites. I love the way that even though often times he writes his songs with specific characters and stories, there's something universal about them.
Yes. This. He knows how to get people to relate to everything he's singing about. "Used Car"-that is my family's story. We've been there. And "My Father's House" had me blubbering like a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
And, yes, "Drive All Night" is probably his sexiest song after, "I'm on Fire". LOVE
It's up there, yeah (I've always loved "I'm On Fire". That is one of my favorite songs of his). And on a related note, the whole "wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims/strap your hands 'cross my engines" thing from "Born To Run" is still a killer line to this day.

Yeah. I've been having some fun checking out his work further, it's great stuff.

Angela
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:39 PM
My top 3 right now are Electric Light Orchestra, Lenka and Kelly Clarkson. I also listen to some Alison Iraheta and Arcade Fire.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:39 PM
Oh, Alison Iraheta. Killer, KILLER first single ... and the rest of the album was so disappointing. I had such high pop hopes for her album.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh, Alison Iraheta. Killer, KILLER first single ... and the rest of the album was so disappointing. I had such high pop hopes for her album.
What was her first single? Friday I'll Be Over You?

She's very similar to, but not as good as, Kelly Clarkson. In fact, when I saw the video to Friday..., it struck me as kinda creepy exactly how similar to Kelly she is in look and stage presence.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:39 PM
Yeah, that's the single.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #84
45:33

Local Time: 07:39 AM
Next time I'm somewhere with karaoke I'm gonna do I'm On Fire, see if any girls fall at my feet.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Let's see... The Decemberists, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, and Radiohead. Oh, and Tori Amos.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Been working on getting into Elvis Costello's music further in the last number of months

Amazing artist and he has released so many great records. You can't go wrong with most of his albums (though personally I don't like Mighty Like A Rose much).

I'm very much into The Jayhawks at the moment. I got their album Hollywood Town Hall a few months ago (I knew their song Take Me With You (When You Go) since it was first released in 1993, but I never explored the rest of their catalogue). And I can hardly put it down, it is a really excellent record. I love the harmonies between Mark Olson and Gary Louris. So shortly after I got Tomorrow The Green Grass, Rainy Day Music and, a few days ago, Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology (with a second disc of B-sides, outtakes, demos, etc.).

Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Next time I'm somewhere with karaoke I'm gonna do I'm On Fire, see if any girls fall at my feet.
If you pay for my flight, I'll come do it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post

Amazing artist and he has released so many great records. You can't go wrong with most of his albums (though personally I don't like Mighty Like A Rose much).
Always good to hear about an artist being overall consistent like that, and judging from what I've heard so far I'd say you'd be right about that. I still have your specific recommendations in mind, sometime soon here I'll start catching up with getting those.

And Mighty Like A Rose, guess I'll find out about that one when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
I'm very much into The Jayhawks at the moment. I got their album Hollywood Town Hall a few months ago (I knew their song Take Me With You (When You Go) since it was first released in 1993, but I never explored the rest of their catalogue). And I can hardly put it down, it is a really excellent record. I love the harmonies between Mark Olson and Gary Louris. So shortly after I got Tomorrow The Green Grass, Rainy Day Music and, a few days ago, Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology (with a second disc of B-sides, outtakes, demos, etc.).

I love their song "Save It For A Rainy Day". That's the only one I know, though. But yeah. Good stuff.

Angela
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #89
you are what you is

R.E.M., Ray LaMontagne & the Pariah Dogs, The Secret Sisters, Lucinda Williams
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #90
45:33

Local Time: 07:39 AM
The Laming Flips.