What bands (other than U2) are you really digging right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best Coast
Phoenix
Muse
Keane

And waiting for the new Radiohead album!:hyper:

Oh great, there is a band named Phoenix. I thought so :lol: There goes the easy band-after-character name option (which usually doesn't work in writing anyhow ^^)!

The Sundays. Wishing they would come back.
The+Sundays.jpg

Been working on getting into Elvis Costello's music further in the last number of months, and recently I've started doing the same with Bruce Springsteen. Knew all his big songs, just started hearing some of his albums, and liking what I've heard thus far, Nebraska (this album freakin' KILLED me, so depressing but SO GOOD) and The River being particular favorites ("Drive All Night"-man, can we talk for a second about how sexy that song is?)

Angela

Moonlit_Angel;7136774 and recently I've started doing the same with Bruce Springsteen. Knew all his big songs said:
Nebraska[/i] (this album freakin' KILLED me, so depressing but SO GOOD) and The River being particular favorites ("Drive All Night"-man, can we talk for a second about how sexy that song is?)

Angela

Bruce is one of my all-time favorites. I love the way that even though often times he writes his songs with specific characters and stories, there's something universal about them. And, yes, "Drive All Night" is probably his sexiest song after, "I'm on Fire". LOVE:love:

Bruce is one of my all-time favorites. I love the way that even though often times he writes his songs with specific characters and stories, there's something universal about them.

Yes. This. He knows how to get people to relate to everything he's singing about. "Used Car"-that is my family's story. We've been there. And "My Father's House" had me blubbering like a baby.

And, yes, "Drive All Night" is probably his sexiest song after, "I'm on Fire". LOVE:love:

It's up there, yeah (I've always loved "I'm On Fire". That is one of my favorite songs of his). And on a related note, the whole "wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims/strap your hands 'cross my engines" thing from "Born To Run" is still a killer line to this day.

Yeah. I've been having some fun checking out his work further, it's great stuff.

Angela

My top 3 right now are Electric Light Orchestra, Lenka and Kelly Clarkson. I also listen to some Alison Iraheta and Arcade Fire.

Oh, Alison Iraheta. Killer, KILLER first single ... and the rest of the album was so disappointing. I had such high pop hopes for her album. :(

Oh, Alison Iraheta. Killer, KILLER first single ... and the rest of the album was so disappointing. I had such high pop hopes for her album. :(
What was her first single? Friday I'll Be Over You?

She's very similar to, but not as good as, Kelly Clarkson. In fact, when I saw the video to Friday..., it struck me as kinda creepy exactly how similar to Kelly she is in look and stage presence.

Let's see... The Decemberists, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, and Radiohead. Oh, and Tori Amos.

Been working on getting into Elvis Costello's music further in the last number of months

:up:
Amazing artist and he has released so many great records. You can't go wrong with most of his albums (though personally I don't like Mighty Like A Rose much).

I'm very much into The Jayhawks at the moment. I got their album Hollywood Town Hall a few months ago (I knew their song Take Me With You (When You Go) since it was first released in 1993, but I never explored the rest of their catalogue). And I can hardly put it down, it is a really excellent record. I love the harmonies between Mark Olson and Gary Louris. So shortly after I got Tomorrow The Green Grass, Rainy Day Music and, a few days ago, Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology (with a second disc of B-sides, outtakes, demos, etc.).

Amazing artist and he has released so many great records. You can't go wrong with most of his albums (though personally I don't like Mighty Like A Rose much).

:) Always good to hear about an artist being overall consistent like that, and judging from what I've heard so far I'd say you'd be right about that. I still have your specific recommendations in mind, sometime soon here I'll start catching up with getting those.

And Mighty Like A Rose, guess I'll find out about that one when the time comes.

I'm very much into The Jayhawks at the moment. I got their album Hollywood Town Hall a few months ago (I knew their song Take Me With You (When You Go) since it was first released in 1993, but I never explored the rest of their catalogue). And I can hardly put it down, it is a really excellent record. I love the harmonies between Mark Olson and Gary Louris. So shortly after I got Tomorrow The Green Grass, Rainy Day Music and, a few days ago, Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology (with a second disc of B-sides, outtakes, demos, etc.).

I love their song "Save It For A Rainy Day". That's the only one I know, though. But yeah. Good stuff.

Angela

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom