What bands (other than U2) are you really digging right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neko Case
Deerhunter
The National
Mumford and Sons

And I've been hanging with a woman I met recently who's really into Pink Floyd, so I've been rediscovering some of their stuff.

Yeah, I've been digging the Floyd a lot recently myself.

Awesome band, even if Roger Waters is a gigantic cockhead.

Check out a brand new UK band called 'Brother' gonna be massive i feel!

Also a Utah band called Neon Trees have a great debut album

At the moment...

Aside from U2...

Jupiter One
The Temper Trap
The Airborne Toxic Event
Muse
and the standard Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Duran Duran and White Lies at the moment........although I see that U2 occupy the top 4 most played songs on my itunes at the moment...

Duran Duran and White Lies at the moment........although I see that U2 occupy the top 4 most played songs on my itunes at the moment...

Granted U2's total plays outdo my overall plays of everything else (U2 > other),

Somehow the majority of songs (6 of 10 lol) in my top 10 are not U2. Sunday Bloody Sunday would be #2, behind RHCP's Can't Stop.

Not to say that they're #1 and #2 songs in my head, but just that iTunes holds your data from 8 years ago :)

I haven't dug U2 or listened to an album from start to finish in a very, very long time. That won't stop me from going to some shows this year, though. :)

Bands that I'm currently digging (a.k.a. on heavy rotation the last few weeks) are:

The Walkmen
LCD Soundsystem
Florence & The Machine
The White Stripes (R.I.P.) :sad:

I've been getting into LCD Soundsystem lately (what wonderful timing after they toured practically everywhere).

I'm also listening to the new Go! Team album. Pretty damn good.

Ahh again I brought it up earlier I think but...

The Airborne Toxic Event.

Gonna be the next big thing I say! Adam Clayton agrees with me :)

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead- new album is out today, easily my favorite of the year so far. Were on Jimmy Fallon last night.

Belle and Sebastian- didn't listen to Write About Love enough when it came out, been giving it a few spins lately.

The Black Keys -- Brothers
The Chemical Brothers -- pretty much everything, and especially the bonus track 'Don't Think'
Elbow -- a lot of The Seldom Seen Kid, but still some Leaders Of The Free World and Cast Of Thousands too
Emeralds -- Does It Look Like I'm Here?
and
the new Duran Duran -- All You Need Is Now There's a couple fantastic tracks on this new one that completely go back to their 80's sound, and they pull it off without sounding like a pale imitation of their former selves. :up:

I know I'm way behind the curve on this, but I've finally discovered the awesomeness that is Florence & the Machine.

I've also rediscovered Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs." I didn't like it when I first heard it, but I listened to the whole thing again the other day after listening to the song "Modern Man" by chance, and I now love it just as much as their other albums.

I know I'm way behind the curve on this, but I've finally discovered the awesomeness that is Florence & the Machine.

I've also rediscovered Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs." I didn't like it when I first heard it, but I listened to the whole thing again the other day after listening to the song "Modern Man" by chance, and I now love it just as much as their other albums.

:up: Her album is pretty damn awesome!

Since the sad news about the white stripes last week, I've been listening to a lot of them. Also getting back into Editors, haven't listened to their first album in ages...and really digging that.

Back
Top Bottom