What bands just don't click with you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure how one could even think of judging BSS before hearing You Forgot It In People.

It's pretty damned different from the self-titled and FRR.

I'd say just listen to Ibi Dreams of Pavement. If you don't like that you probably wont like them. That and World Sick got me into them.

Does anyone not like Ibi?

More boring-ass folk/pop. It doesn't end with Boy & Bear, it merely begins with them.

I'd like to add that I'm pretty fucking ambivalent about this 'Unearthed' project, now ramped up to permanent-station-status. What are the odds that a lot of these highschool kids dragged out from under their rocks are about a decade off creative maturity (if indeed that is their destiny at all)? What the fuck do 17 year olds know about anything? I'm 34 and I know nothing!

Still, props to TripleJ for picking a good senior artist to bury alive this year. Nick Cave, on the evidence of 2008's Dig Lazarus Dig!! pounds these kids into the ground. It's a shame they couldn't get Angus & Julia Stone on board, to maybe take a crack at The Mercy Seat or As I Sat Sadly By Her Side or something.

I hate unearthed. Great opportunity for the bands involved, but I couldn't give a remote shit about any of the bands. If they are half decent (Big Scary) then they'll become successful in their own right and I'll discover them then.

That's the thing.

Plus, the previous track record is not great, in my view:

Grinspoon - rubbish
Silverchair - rubbish (wait, maybe they weren't 'unearthed)
Missy Higgins - rubbish

I can't wait to vote in the Hottest 100, I will admit.

I am fucking dreading Australia Day though (the Hottest 100 being just one reason)

Not unless you have Aussie flag board shorts, Aussie flag thongs, Aussie flag knock-off ray bans, an Aussie flag drawn on your stomach and an Aussie flag on your back.

Now let's go bash a leb to show how proud we are!

This "Unearthed" station doesn't actually do anything for artists. It's a massive wank. Yes, an "unearthed" artist gets played on the radio, but so do another 300 bands everyday.

It's a clearing house for free mp3 which - occasionally - are ok. That Underlights song is pretty good. A thousand others would probably never cross my radar.

Sonic Youth for me. It's not that I don't like them. I just don't seem to place them on the same pedestal that many others do.

COLDPLAY.....totally lost their way after the first three albums (ala Oasis)....peaked in their shitness with Viva La Vida or whatever its called (the ONLY album i have ever physically gotten rid off in my life). Listening to Xylo Myloto, its mediocre at best. This band certainly dont have the ability to take you on aa musical journey. .....if their music was a colour....it would be beige.....just bland.
Rush are another band i just cant get to grips with. They are everything i DESPISE in music. Pure CHEESE!:down:

^ I mostly agree with that. I don't understand the fuss about Viva La Vida. The album kind of bored me and I haven't listened to it in ages and don't feel the desire to listen to it again. The new album is so-so, but not as great as I hoped it would be. I liked their first 2 1/2 albums, but for me, it went downhill from there.

And the albums you've heard by them?

Tom Waits

Franz Ferinand - Self-titled

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born

Suijan Stevens - Illinois

Built to Spill

Pavement

I admit I have a only heard a couple songs from Built to Spill, Tom Waits, and Pavement. But I don't care to hear anymore.

I admit I have a only heard a couple songs from Built to Spill, Tom Waits, and Pavement. But I don't care to hear anymore.
Well, that makes a lot of sense. Sort of like how I don't like Ireland because of Bloody Sunday. That's really all I know about the country, but I don't want to learn anything more about it.

COLDPLAY.....totally lost their way after the first three albums (ala Oasis)....peaked in their shitness with Viva La Vida or whatever its called (the ONLY album i have ever physically gotten rid off in my life).

lol... I actually like Coldplay a lot (I sort of categorize them as "guilty pleasure band") but the "physically gotten rid of" line cracks me up.

I think they have lots of very, very, good songs and a few legitimately great ones, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that prevents me from saying out loud "I love Coldplay." Is it that Chris Martin just seems like a huge dork sometimes? Is it that they all seem too polite and well-brought-up to have a truly rebellious rock n roll spirit underneath the cheerful dispositions and manners? Part of it is the "U2 rip-off factor," where they incorporate so many U2-y elements (whoah-ohs, Brian Eno's production, etc.) that I roll my eyes a little... but then I sheepishly turn up the stereo too.

lol... I actually like Coldplay a lot (I sort of categorize them as "guilty pleasure band") but the "physically gotten rid of" line cracks me up.

I think they have lots of very, very, good songs and a few legitimately great ones, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that prevents me from saying out loud "I love Coldplay." Is it that Chris Martin just seems like a huge dork sometimes? Is it that they all seem too polite and well-brought-up to have a truly rebellious rock n roll spirit underneath the cheerful dispositions and manners? Part of it is the "U2 rip-off factor," where they incorporate so many U2-y elements (whoah-ohs, Brian Eno's production, etc.) that I roll my eyes a little... but then I sheepishly turn up the stereo too.

I agree with every single part of this post. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom