What are your top 10 favorite albums of ALL TIME?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to bother with an order. Just a rough list derived from my RateYourMusic.

Kent - Isola
U2 - Achtung Baby
U2 - Zooropa
U2 - Pop
Mansun - Six
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Сплин - Коллекционер оружия
Кино - Звезда по имени Солнце
Мумий Тролль - 8

I saw Mansun play in a small club with about 200 people once, back in 1997. Can't really remember being impressed, though... Are they still together??

In no particular order.

U2 - Achtung Baby
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
Radiohead - Kid A
Sigur Ros - ()
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
The National - Alligator
Pink Floyd - Animals
dEUS - In A Bar Under A Sea
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonelt Hearts Club Band

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
U2 - Achtung Baby
U2 - The Joshua Tree
The Who - Quadrophenia
Steely Dan - Aja
Radiohead - In Rainbows
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane/Hunky Dory/Ziggy Stardust/Low/Station to Station
Destroyer - Kaputt
Outkast - Aquemini
The Beatles - Abbey Road

somefin like dat

Looking back through the first couple pages of this thread, I'm really tempted to do the Interference Top 100 Albums thing again at the start of 2012...it's been over three years now, which I guess is enough...but I'll probably try to get it stickied throughout the forum this time, just so we can have more lists. I realize there will be differences in every list from last time (Peef and Ashley were especially unhappy with their lists), but we've lost a lot of posters since then.

This would be great - I have heard hundreds of albums since then from a wide swath of genres and styles, as I'm sure many of us have. I don't even know how I would go about constructing such a list now, though; I have a solid number one, but everything after that is in a constant state of flux.

Vlad n U 2 said:
It's wonderful and just a bit mad. :up: Another one of those that requires multiple listens.

Yeah, I dug it. I kept hearing that it was inaccessible or whatever, but it's very likable, just long and dense. I look forward to hearing their debut next, they seem like a really interesting band.

I PMed the mods about expanding the top albums 2012 project, so hopefully I can get that off the ground soon.

Yeah, I dug it. I kept hearing that it was inaccessible or whatever, but it's very likable, just long and dense. I look forward to hearing their debut next, they seem like a really interesting band.

I PMed the mods about expanding the top albums 2012 project, so hopefully I can get that off the ground soon.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it. Their first is also a masterpiece. Their third is considerably weaker and more radio friendly, but still decent. There's also the Kleptomania album which is a collection of unreleased works and b-sides. :up:

in no particular order

jar of flies - alice in chains
stupid dream - porcupine tree
little man - pineapple thief
ok computer - radiohead
joshua tree - u2
the divison bell - pink floyd
whats the story morning glory - oasis
viva emptiness - katatonia
natural disaster - anathema
damnation - opeth

Sigur Ros - Takk
U2 - Achtung Baby
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun / ( )
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Slowdive - Souvlaki
Radiohead - Kid A
U2 - Joshua Tree
Portishead - Dummy
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi
Radiohead - In Rainbows

In case you couldnt tell Sigur Ros, Radiohead, and U2 are my 3 absolute favorite bands (in that order) but I think Achtung Baby is my favorite album of all time.

1. Low - Bowie
2. Achtung Baby - U2
3. The Psychomodo - Cockney Rebel
4. The Joshua Tree - U2
5. TR&FO Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars - Bowie
6. The Human Menagerie - Cockney Rebel
7. The Kick Inside - Kate Bush
8. The Domino Club - The Men They Couldn't Hang
9. The Idiot - Iggy Pop
10. ATYCLB/NLOTH/TUF -U2, Stationtostation/Heroes/Diamond Dogs/Aladdin Sane/Hunky Dory/TMWSTW/Heathen/Hours - Bowie, The Best Years Of Our Lives/Quality Of Mercy/Stranger Comes To Town/Timeless Flight - Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel

It changes everyday expect the first 1.

1. U2 Achtung Baby
2. U2 Zooropa
3. Radiohead The Bends
4. Broken Social Scene Forgiveness Rock Record
5. Band of Horses Everything all the Time
6. My Morning Jacket It Still Moves
7. The Talking Heads More Songs about Buildings and Furniture
8. Peter Gabriel Secruity
9. The Kinks Lol Versus The Moneygoround
10. The Bigger Lovers Honey in the Hive

Back