What are everyone's favorite albums of 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more I listen to it, the higher it's climbing on my list of favorites this year.

I'm taking about the Hookworms album.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Really out of the loop this year in terms of new music. I feel old.

Listed alphabetically.

D'Angelo & The Vanguard - Black Messiah
Eno/Hyde - High Life
Eno/Hyde - Someday World
Ex Hex - Rips
Foxygen - ...And Star Power
Gruff Rhys - American Interior
Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
Johnny Foreigner - You Can Do Better
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Prince - Art Official Age
Real Estate - Atlas
Shuttlecock - Son s of Incest
Spoon - They Want My Soul
SM/Jicks - Wigout At Jag Bags
The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
Warpaint - S/T

I listened to over 300 new releases this year. I own over 100 of them. :up:

I'll post my full list of favorites soon once I go through the recent tape purchases I made this fall...most of the vinyl stuff (which in turn makes up most of those titles) shouldn't really surprise too many people and will match a lot of your lists. The cassette stuff is mostly pretty under-the-radar although I also only own tape versions of albums from artists such as Robyn Hitchcock, Foxygen and MacDeMarco.

Releases I Couldn't Track Down In A Physical Medium (Tape or Vinyl):

Arrange - Their Bodies In A Fog (Sold-Out Cassette)
Various Artists - Common Interests Were Not Enough To Keep Us Together (GODMODE label compilation) (Sold-Out Cassette)

Jenny Hval & Susanna ‘O Sun O Medusa // A Mirror In My Mouth’ (Official video)

Susanna/Jenny Hval - Meshes of Voice (CD Only)
Various Artists - Kitsune America 3: The Road Trip Issue (CD Only)

Lee (Asano + Ryuhei) - Shine (Digital Only)

I love collecting these releases although it can often require purchasing a certain tape or vinyl right away before the seller runs out of copies...or getting some of them on import. I have a very low maximum when it comes to acquiring cassettes (for obvious reasons) and can't spend more than $40 on a vinyl (and usually only go above $30 for an import with a high shipping price).

I guess, heh. Or certain artists/labels have enough of a following or enough people that really dig something they hear to sell 100 copies or more of a cassette fairly quickly. I'm not the only person buying these things.

As far as I know, those two releases above that I don't have on cassette were only released on cassette...so it's either that or no physical medium for the music. There's also albums such as the Foxygen release that I had the pleasure of hearing via Cassette Store Day before they ever even leaked online digitally.

Back
Top Bottom