What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to hate this album on principal, but the more I hear it, the more it fucking grows on me. And so I'll just eat my plate of cold crow and post it:

fleet_foxes-fleet_foxes-cover.jpg

Eeeeeeeeexcellent. :up:

Castanets - City Of Refuge
(I just wanted to have some music playing while I was working and I like the description on 3VOOR12 - Luisterpaal : Experimental, Dark, Nothing to nowhere, bleeps)

I am going to check this out, but I am also going to remain skeptical, regarding Raposa and Castanets. This is a band I've been trying to like, let alone love, for about five years, now. Again and again, all of the write-ups sound fantastic, and I say to myself, "Okay, there is simply no way that I won't finally really enjoy this new record," but then said record actually comes out, I actually hear it, and I wind up asking myself, "Is there something wrong with my copy?"

Still, it's a gorgeous album cover and it really does sound like it'll be awesome. I hope that it finally is. Also, I just listened to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain while eating breakfast. Hellz yeah. Not exactly a classic, but it's definitely still got some of Pavement's best (and Spiral Stairs's worst) songs. "Gold Soundz" FTMFW.

Also, I just listened to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain while eating breakfast. Hellz yeah. Not exactly a classic, but it's definitely still got some of Pavement's best (and Spiral Stairs's worst) songs. "Gold Soundz" FTMFW.

:hi5: I listened to "Gold Soundz" on the way to class this morning. Great song, one of my favorite Pavement lyrics is in there: 'You're the kind of girl I like, cause you're empty and I'm empty.' :up:

The Flaming Lips - In a Priest Driven Ambulance
B000003BGI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

51550.jpg

I'm on my 3rd listen of this so far, I'm really digging it...

Anyone know why they stopped using their standard Oasis logo for this album cover?

It's on the actual cover--just not on the pictures of the artwork that can be found online. Also, if you use iTunes, if you select "Get Artwork", it will give you the true album cover with the band's name on it.

Dig Out Your Soul, though, is what Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants should have been.

I wasn't feeling well so I finally listened to my vinyl of this

peter-gabriel-3-cover.jpg

Chilled out for a while and feeling better now, :love:

I am going to check this out, but I am also going to remain skeptical, regarding Raposa and Castanets. This is a band I've been trying to like, let alone love, for about five years, now. Again and again, all of the write-ups sound fantastic, and I say to myself, "Okay, there is simply no way that I won't finally really enjoy this new record," but then said record actually comes out, I actually hear it, and I wind up asking myself, "Is there something wrong with my copy?"

Still, it's a gorgeous album cover and it really does sound like it'll be awesome.

I'd never heard of Castanets until this morning. It was just the description that caught my attention, as I was looking for some music. It was good enough. :shrug:

Listened to that one earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom