What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday :
Crowded House - Temple Of Low Men
LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
Coldplay - Parachutes
The Killers - Hot Fuss

Today, So Far:
The White Stripes - Elephant

The Killers - Sam's Town
Coldplay - X&Y
Linkin Park - Meteora
Green Day - American Idiot

either Evangelista's Hello, Voyager or Good for Cows' Bebop Fantasy. I listened to a few Wilco albums today, but I skipped a song or two on each.

I listen to full albums all the time, for the record. I don't tend to listen to band who make "singles albums," which is probably why I've been lukewarm to the last two U2 albums.

Yesterday, I listened to Brian Eno's "Another Green World," "Discreet Music," and "Before and After Science."

(I needed a shoegaze break.)

Going back eleven days in my Last.fm charts...it was Rust Never Sleeps by Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for albums. Sometimes I'm in the mood for shuffle. To be honest, I much prefer listening to complete albums, but sometimes it's fun to hear the random transitions that iTunes is capable of coming up with, you know? For instance, "Alright" by Supergrass into "Goodbye Cruel World" by Pink Floyd. If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is.

Are you going to hurt me now? :sad:

Even though it was 11 days ago, you still told me what it was, so no need for kickings...

....this time.

Out of appreciation for the mercy you have shown me, I've just listened to Give 'Em Enough Rope. Interference hug!

Listened to 3 today:

Urban Hymns - The VerVe

Five Star Laundry - Motor Ace

Enema Of The State - Blink 182

I do this as well, I always listen to albums from start to finish. Always. Never fast-forward, or skip a track. If there's a song I'm not too fond of, too bad for me :D that's just how I roll.

Last one was The Bends by Radiohead last night. I've listened to Disc1 of Quadrophenia.

Going back eleven days in my Last.fm charts...it was Rust Never Sleeps by Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for albums. Sometimes I'm in the mood for shuffle. To be honest, I much prefer listening to complete albums, but sometimes it's fun to hear the random transitions that iTunes is capable of coming up with, you know? For instance, "Alright" by Supergrass into "Goodbye Cruel World" by Pink Floyd. If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is.

Are you going to hurt me now? :sad:

I do this as well, when I can't choose an album I put shuffle on. One incredible transition I came across was Augie March's There is No Such Place --> Radiohead's Karma Police. I didn't even realise the song had changed. :faint:

Brighter Than Creation's Dark by Drive-By Truckers

Just listened to it this morning. First I'd heard of these guys. They're an alt-country band that were recommended to me. Not bad. Sounds like Tom Petty at times, which is always a good thing for me.

dEUS - In A Bar, Under The Sea

Yeah, usually my style is to listen to albums in full. But I've also got a huge random playlist for when I don't have enough time to listen to an album (or when I'm not in the mood).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom