What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U218 ;)

Not really. Actually, either In Rainbows or Who's Next... I listened to them both all the way through (again) recently, but I can't remember which one I listened to first.

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People

First time listening. Radically different from the first three, but not in a bad way. Will need more listens for a full opinion.

First time listening. Radically different from the first three, but not in a bad way. Will need more listens for a full opinion.

Well, it is essentially 8 years and 4 albums later than those albums, so yeah.

I'm going to go back to all the ones in between next. LM sent me this one, though, so I listened to it earlier than I was going to.

:dancing:

YES! PFan, good work. One of my favorites of all-time. Timeless, classic, all those adjectives. And R.E.M.'s best in my opinion.

Would you care to hit us with your well-known and well-loved PFan track rankings for your first listen to Automatic???

I don't have a full one just yet for you, but Man on the Moon was my favorite track after the first listen.

last 3:

Pearl Jam - Live on 2 Legs
Interpol - Our Love to Admire (got it off a friend ages ago and only listened to it for the first time yesterday!)
U2 -Best of 80-90's B-sides.
I've since decided the B-sides of that decade are collectively better than the A-sides of this one :sad: so far anyway

I don't have a full one just yet for you, but Man on the Moon was my favorite track after the first listen.

My favorite from that one is the relatively obscure Monty Got A Raw Deal. Stipe's vocal wins that track. But yes, it's all very good, Man On The Moon included.

pfan, forget what I said about 90s REM. You should totally listen to Life's Rich Pageant next! What a fucking phenomenal album. I'm listening to it again. :drool:

Lucky you! To be able to listen to that album for the first time... wow! :)

For me it was U2 - Boy, the remastered version, in the car today on my way home. And I will listen to another album in a moment.

Destiny's Child - The Writing's On The Wall
(pretty good, though some of the vocal histrionics ruin it a bit for me)

Holy shit, that's a total guilty pleasure favorite of mine.

I memorized all of the words to it back in middle school to impress a girl that I had a huge crush on.

Bugaboo is a classic.

Thom Yorke's The Eraser, which gets better each time I listen to it, and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!... probably one of my favorite listens of '08 so far - totally took me by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom