What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anything can be overrated, of course - and that album is no exception, but the reason it's generally credited so highly is because of its influence. Pretty clear why it's so highly regarded.

I just don't think the fact that something is influential makes it any better. Listening to something that influenced someone else doesn't make the album sound any better, it's still the same quality whether or not it influences a single person.

Anyway

EverythingMustGo(1996album)Albumcover.jpg

50.jpg

:drool: Listened to that one twice

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

I like this album a lot more now, upon a second listen

Classic cover too! :combust:

Which, ironically, isn't the one I have in iTunes. :lol:

Guided_By_Voices_Bee_Thousa.jpg

I'll admit, this is a rough listen for anyone who hasn't heard other lo-fi albums from the 90s. But, once you get past the recording "quality," it's a nice album. Not sure if I'd call it the lo-fi classic that it seems to be rated, but it's definitely an important album in the movement. I think it just might be that I don't like the way that the lead singer, Bob Pollard, releases anything and everything he writes and records. Some discretion is appreciated. :wink:

Favorites from the album: "Echos Myron," "Awful Bliss," and "Her Psychology Today."

Which, ironically, isn't the one I have in iTunes. :lol:

Guided_By_Voices_Bee_Thousa.jpg

I'll admit, this is a rough listen for anyone who hasn't heard other lo-fi albums from the 90s. But, once you get past the recording "quality," it's a nice album. Not sure if I'd call it the lo-fi classic that it seems to be rated, but it's definitely an important album in the movement. I think it just might be that I don't like the way that the lead singer, Bob Pollard, releases anything and everything he writes and records. Some discretion is appreciated. :wink:

Favorites from the album: "Echos Myron," "Awful Bliss," and "Her Psychology Today."

:drool: Tractor Rape Chain

:drool: The Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory

I think Bee Thousand is a very good album indeed. :up:

You question my state after hearing that?

:laugh: I'm still laughing at what you said!

What did you think of the insane duck noises on Bike? I'll be honest. I was scared shitless when I heard it for the first time. It was at night time too and I was alone at home! :laugh:

:drool: The Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory

I think Bee Thousand is a very good album indeed. :up:

Ah, forgot about that one!

I think it's a good album, but I don't think I'll go any further with Guided By Voices, just because I have the feeling the albums get tedious after awhile because he releases so much all the time.

Pavement - Brighten the Corners
brighten_the_corners_1.jpg

I can't get over the Malkmus guitar wankery in "Fin" :drool:

I can see where this one wouldn't be like as much as the earlier Pavement albums, but I like it quite a bit. It has some pretty good songs on it; "Stereo", "Type Slowly", "We Are Underused", and "Fin" come to mind. But, still not as good as Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain or Wowee Zowee to me.

:laugh: I'm still laughing at what you said!

What did you think of the insane duck noises on Bike? I'll be honest. I was scared shitless when I heard it for the first time. It was at night time too and I was alone at home! :laugh:

Oh my God.

And that Fing gnome song too :yikes:

The main thing I really enjoyed was how cracked out I felt after listening to Interstellar Overdrive

zeppelin_01.jpg

And yes, it was a first.

I've owned it for about six months or so now, I really regret having waited so long

I mean it was all ok, but it didn't really feel like the kind of psychedelic stuff I really dig.

I, too, am less than fond of Piper. The only Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd song I love is See Emily Play.

Oh yeah, I like that one as well.

Again, it's not Barrett though, which explains a lot. :wink: I've just never liked his work, at all.

You don't like the looney ramblings and fairy tale lyrics? ;)

I know you don't like Ummagumma but the live version of Astronomy Domine on it is to die for! It takes a good song and makes it astronomically better! (no pun intended)

soft_bulletin.jpg

But with the 5.1 release's tracklisting, and original mixes of "Race for the Prize" and "Waiting for a Superman" :drool: Plus, "Slow Motion," which was only on the UK version until the 5.1 version got released.

Forgot this one from last night too:

The Kinks - The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society

18651921-18651924-slarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom