What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to Dear Science, twice today actually. I enjoyed every second of it.

As I've stated, in all my meanderings in music's past, I've fallen behind on some of the newer music. I wanted to listen to Radiohead's older stuff before their newer; this is the fourth album of theirs I've listened to.

Comparing my music list today to even six months ago, it's shocking.

And my list of albums to listen to continues to grow thanks to strong recommendations about bands like TV on the Radio, Elbow, and Los Campesinos!

Good, not great. I don't think any of Radiohead's albums are as consistent as some do, and this is no different. I think their choices on production helped in some places, but hurt in others.

I don't think any track stuck out to me as a definitive favorite, but I did think Videotape was ruined by the drums. Take those out and I think it's a beautiful song. Is there some mix out there without the drums?

The way they performed Videotape live before IR came out was without those drums. So you could find a live cut I guess. I personally don't mind the drum effect really. Also, I think IR is a big grower of an album. You gotta let it sink in. I would suggest giving it some more listens maybe. Because, in my opinion, it is undeniably great.

I'm not a big fan of the fake snare drum sound that comes through on a few tracks. Bodysnatchers jumped out at me a bit because it sounded more like a real rock song.

This is more like "Radiohead tries to mix pop in with all its older sounds." Which is not bad. It's a good album.

a big grower of an album. You gotta let it sink in. I would suggest giving it some more listens maybe. Because, in my opinion, it is undeniably great.

I would probably say the same of all their albums. They don't really have an "instantly gratifying" type of sound. It generally takes a few times just to get your head around everything happening in the song before you can completely enjoy it for what it is.

The Bends is my favorite album by Radiohead, closely followed by OK Computer.

The Bends, Black Star, Paranoid Android, and Electioneering all rock my world.

I did think Videotape was ruined by the drums. Take those out and I think it's a beautiful song. Is there some mix out there without the drums?

Yes!!! I agree that those drums ruined Videotape and there IS a better version! It's a demo with I think just Thom at the piano but I prefer it to the album version. I'll PM it to you!

Steve Kilbey -- Painkiller

This was the initial listen to this one. :)

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

:drool:

Still my favorite Pavement album.

"Out on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins, nature kids I/they don't have a function. I don't understand what they mean and I could really give a fuck."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom