What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far today:

De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
R.E.M. - Accelerate

Plus parts of two mixed CDs.

Hercules and Love Affair - self-titled

Finally starting to enjoy this album.

Hercules and Love Affair - self-titled

Finally starting to enjoy this album.

Awesome. :up: I liked it from listen #1, but sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in. I'm just glad to hear that music like that is still being made. It's campy, but not embarrassing.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I just really didn't like it the first 3 or so times for some reason. Enjoying it more now though, still kinda feel like some of it is a bit too repetitive (which is a silly and ironic thing to say about any sort of dance music, but I still think it for this one). What are your favorite tracks from it?

It doesn't even sound like the dance music I'm familiar with. I would classify it as programmed disco. :lol: Offhand, I would say my favorite songs are Hercules Theme and Blind. Hercules Theme in particular was stuck in my head for ages.

exileonmainstreetresizery6.jpg

It's a beautiful thing.

Frank Zappa - One size fits all
Mr Hudson & The Library - A tale of 2 cities
Frank Zappa = You can't do that on stage anymore Vol. 1 (disk 2)

:)
I don't like much of his music after that album though. Thought that Older was a bit too sugar-y (or maybe it's just that I don't like the lead single off that album, Jesus To A Child). Haven't really heard a thing from Patience. My sister has his best of, I was mainly interested in his uptempo songs, not the ballads.

also:
Portishead - Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom