weezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More Dylanesque genius from Rivers:

Sorry guys I didn't realize that I needed you so much
I thought I'd get a new audience, I forgot that disco sucks
I ended up with nobody and I started feeling dumb
Maybe I should play the lead guitar and Pat should play the drums

Take me back, back to the shack
Back to the strat with the lightning strap
Kick in the door, more hardcore
Rockin out like it's '94
Let's turn up the radio
Let's turn off those stupid singing shows
I know where we need to go:
Back to the shack

I finally settled down with my girl and I made up with my dad
I had to go and make a few mistakes so I could find out who I am
I'm letting all of these feelings out even if it means I fail
Cause this is what I was meant to do and you can't put that on sale

Rockin out like it's '94
Let's turn up the radio
Back to the shack

We belong in the rock world
There is so much left to do
If we die in obscurity, oh well
At least we raised some hell

Rockin out like it's '94
Let's turn up the radio
Back to the shack

I listened to the track once.

Apologizing for making shitty music doesn't work if you're still making shitty music.

Last edited:
As mediocre as Shack is, take a listen to Cleopatra. Every listen makes me enjoy it more, and I'm now a lot more hyped for the album release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

I haven't heard either track. Weezer seriously used to be one of my top 10 fav. bands, probably even in the top 5. Now I worry I'll be even more disappointed in them when I hear they have a new song or album coming.

I'm stunned, this is actually really good. Best since Maladroit, which is praise coming from me because I really dug that album.

Dang, didn't realize tix went onsale for club show in Cambridge earlier today...sold out.

NY show sold out too.

LA show still has tix available.

Is Weezer going on tour to support this record? I'm in Portland and I'm hoping they swing by and play a show here (or in Seattle).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm stunned, this is actually really good. Best since Maladroit, which is praise coming from me because I really dug that album.

I agree with your assessment after one listen on crappy 160k streaming on Spotify, but must say it's still a definite step down from Maladroit, let alone what came before Maladroit.

Maladroit was good. I'm pretty sure it's the only weezer album I ever bought.

I would definitely say it's below the first four albums, but also a noticeable step up over the following four.

Red Album has some good songs on it but it's mostly pretty bad. Hurley was enjoyable. Make Believe and Raditude are total shit.

Last edited:
Everything in there about Rivers trying so hard to relate to teenagers was spot on. That shit is weird.

Last edited:
Just found out they're playing in Seattle on December 9th with a few other bands. But the show is the week before my finals week at UO. Plus Seattle is a five hour drive from Eugene. Plus it's on a Tuesday. Ugh.

I got to see Weezer perform at the Roseland Theater in Portland on Wednesday. It was an absolutely fantastic show, they opened with an acoustic set with the house lights still on. Then they played the whole new album and then did an encore of The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. I was surprised they didn't play Say It Ain't So or Sweater Song, but I wasn't disappointed considering how great the rest of the show was.

Thats pretty much the set I saw them do in Cambridge in October, except I got Surf Wax America as the encore. Great show, liked how they started with just Rivers and added the rest of the band one at a time on each successive song. New album sounded great live.

Yeah, I was just talking to my friend and then all of sudden we look to our left and Rivers is in the crowd, then he got up onstage and played. It was super cool, they also had the singer from Cage the Elephant sing Island in the Sun with them during the acoustic set. It was such a nice little club show, I've never been to a show in a venue smaller than an amphitheater so it was super cool how intimate it was.

Back
Top Bottom