We need a good Belle & Sebastian thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First album where they've completely lost it...nothing really stands out or leaves much of an impression.

Whatever though. Still one of my favorite bands ever and I'm enjoying having that entire set of recent vinyl reissues.

After listening to it a couple of times I find it easily their best album since Dear Catastrophe.

Alright, about to listen to this new joint. I didn't care much for the last album, but that was before I actually liked Belle & Sebastian at all, so I'm hopeful that this will be quite an enjoyable experience.

So I really like the song "Party Line". Really good stuff. I've never listened to this band, not sure why or if I'd even like them beyond this song.

LM/Bono 212, I think you have a pretty good read on my music tastes. Should I explore any further? If so, what album would you start with?

Travis would be a better answer to this question, I think, but as always, don't start with the newest album. I am so new to the band myself that I don't have the slightest clue what to recommend, but Gump made a pretty cool playlist of their music a little while back, if you want to maybe use it as a jumping off point:

Belle & Sebastian playlist by Ashley | Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music

This album is sooooo weird. It sounds like some weird amalgamation of indie pop and 80s disco...

Travis would be a better answer to this question, I think, but as always, don't start with the newest album. I am so new to the band myself that I don't have the slightest clue what to recommend, but Gump made a pretty cool playlist of their music a little while back, if you want to maybe use it as a jumping off point:

Belle & Sebastian playlist by Ashley | Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music

This album is sooooo weird. It sounds like some weird amalgamation of indie pop and 80s disco...

Oh nice. I'll check that out. Thank you!

Now that I don't steal music anymore I'm very careful about what I buy, so playlists are always welcome. :)

No problem, happy to pass it along.

Ok, so I am so glad that I fell in love with the song "Play for Today" before I saw the title of it, lest any of you accuse me of only enjoying it for the shared title :wink:.

It didn't necessarily bother me, but it certainly had little to no flow to it, until the end.

That closer :love:. I'm overall pleased with the album. It doesn't set the world on fire, but it's a nice addition to the discography.

So I really like the song "Party Line". Really good stuff. I've never listened to this band, not sure why or if I'd even like them beyond this song.

LM/Bono 212, I think you have a pretty good read on my music tastes. Should I explore any further? If so, what album would you start with?

The Life Pursuit would be a nice place to start because it's upbeat, accessible and covers a lot of ground.

Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister are two of the best albums of the 90s though, so don't hesitate to listen to them immediately afterward.

Back
Top Bottom