"Watch the Throne"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'll be out sometime later this year, :shrug:. They already have a radio single off of it. out

I thought the release date was in April though. Seems like all promo has come to a halt

You can pre order it from the eponymous website now.

Tracklisting:

1. Lift Off (Feat. Beyoncé & Bruno Mars)
2. Murder To Excellence
3. Illest Motherfucker Alive
4. Why I Love You So (Guilt Trip)
5. That Shit Crazy
6. Living So Italian
7. Who Gonna Stop Me
8. Whole Lifetime
9. We Are Young
10. Anthem

"very dark and sexy...couture hip hop"

Love the title "illest motherfucker alive"

I'm really glad that I tuned out the massive hype for this album. Fun it is, MBDTF it is not. This is a vanity project fronted by two men who only want to do the project if it will result in quality, so most of the tracks are above mixtape quality. Furthermore, this isn't a compilation of solo tracks stapled together under the heading of a "collaboration"; you can really hear the chemistry at play here, and you never doubt that the two of them are having fun.

Is it consistent though? Not really. The songs here that show them on truly are unstoppable, and dwarf most anything from Blueprint 3 and Graduation. The weak tracks are fun but frivolous and skippable; I'm thinking Otis and Gotta Have It especially. But, even those are worth a spin, and they have an infectious charm about them, even if they aren't anything special. The album's mix is consistently a little busy and overstuffed, but the mood of the record is a jovial one; a wise choice. It makes it easier to turn the great moments up higher and laugh off the weaker ones.

My personal favorites:

No Church In The Wild
Lift Off
New Day
That's My Bitch (hoooooolllly shiiiiit those DRUMS)

you sound like you like it a lot more than you are letting on. that reads like those pitchfork reviews where they give an album like a 6 but the review reads an 8.

It's the inverse, actually. I want to like it more than I do, but I'm fine with what's here. A few songs are great, most are interesting. But no, it's not quite an 8. Not yet, anyway.

Yep :lol:

lazarus said:
You should try that "we need more post-coital..." line on your date.

:lol: probably too early for eulogies in guest books anyway, I would have thought.

I should probably ask Vik for some advice too.

Blades of Glory samples? That's arguably worse than Fleet Coxes writing a song about Jonny Quest.

It's only being sold at major chains though, for whatever reason. Deputy's going to look mighty strange asking for the new Lana Del Rey seafoam green 8 1/4" in Best Buy.

Jay's getting worse, Kanye's getting better. I think the latter contributes most of the positive qualities of the album.

I've honestly never understood why Jay was ever considered anything more than an average rapper..

Back
Top Bottom