"Watch the Throne"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jay's line "I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself" really bothers me. I understand he's bragging that his level of fame astounds even him. But calling the press is something that shitty D-list celebrities do all the time just to keep their name out there. It makes me think of Jay-Z texting that douchey surfer guy at TMZ to say he'll be heading to Starbucks for lattes with The Situation.

I've seen a lot of people write about issues with the lyrics on this album. Kanye's "other Benz" and Jay "planking on a million". They don't bother me in the slightest :shrug:

There are definitely some lyrical clunkers here, but nothing as embarrassing as Jay's verse on 'Monster.'

Just got done with my first spin of the CD and lyrics in front of me. Still my #2 for the year. As fine form as Jigga's been in for years. Love La Roux and Bon Iver on That's My Bitch and also picked up this lyric - "Back to my Beyonces / you deserve three stacks word to Andre". Respect. The "dubstep" in Who Gon Stop Me actually sounds decent in a good song. I enjoy the gratuitous references to wealth throughout, even on Illest Motherfucker Alive. And there are some hilarious lyrics too. "Try to walk around in these shoes / See the shit I saw growin up / And maybe you can take a peep at Bey's boobs"

I'm still not sure. I think I might enjoy this more. MBDTF is such a fucking slog to get through.

Either way...

big_boi_sir_lucious_left_foot_review.jpg

I don't exaggerate when I say that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is my favorite hip-hop album of the past 5 years or more, so I'm definitely not knocking Sir Lucious Left Foot there. I would easily take SLLF over most others, including the last two Outkast albums.

bono_212 said:
Sweet Brother Malcolm really is just the best.

This one is on the super ultra deluxe edition, y'all haven't heard it yet.

My only excuse is that I spent the entire time before the album was released calling it the Sweet Brother Malcom song.

This one is on the super ultra deluxe edition, y'all haven't heard it yet.

My only excuse is that I spent the entire time before the album was released calling it the Sweet Brother Malcom song.
Anyone remember the original mislabeled leak of 'Return to Cookie Mountain?' I was referring to 'Wolf Like Me' as 'Playhouses' for several months after that came out.

Check this setlist out!!!!

Throne Music
H.A.M.
Who Gon Stop Me
Try a Little Tenderness
Otis
Welcome to the Jungle
Gotta Have It
Where I'm From (over "Angels" instrumental)
Nigga What? Nigga Who?
Jigga My Nigga
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
Through The Wire
Jesus Walks
Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)
PSA
U Don't Know
Run This Town
Monster
Power/Power Remix
Made in America
New Day
Hard Knock Life
Izzo
New York, New York (Frank Sinatra)
Empire State of Mind
Runaway
Heartless
Stronger
D.A.N.C.E. (Justice)
On To The Next One
Dirt Off Your Shoulders
Give it to Me
That's My Bitch
Good Life
Touch The Sky
All of the Lights
Big Pimpin'
Gold Digger
99 Problems
What a Wonderful World
(Louis Armstrong cover)
No Church in the Wild
Lift Off
Niggas In Paris
Encore:
Encore
Lucifer
Money Ain't A Thang
Can I Get A...
Money, Cash, Hoes
Get Em High
All Falls Down
Why I Love You

Now I know they don't play them all in full length, but that's 54 fucking songs. I'd easily cough up $200 or so for that set.

I just saw them yesterday.

I wish I had gotten better seats. It was probably my third or even second favorite concert of all time. The set was nearly 3 hours long with no long pauses or breaks. No dancers, no hype men, no nothing. Just Kanye and Jay bouncing off each other all night long!

Highlights: All of the Lights, Lift Off, Runaway, Niggas in Paris, 99 Problems (brought the house down, seriously!), Izzo, and Niggas in Paris :wink: cause they did it twice! :up::up::up:

Not at all. I'm just as bummed it's so far out of my price range. Achtung Birdie all over again. Except this set is actually cool.

It's "only" $123 on Amazon, for what it's worth. But for that money I could still get two OG pressings of In Ghost Colours or a similarly scarce album I desire.

Back
Top Bottom