Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chillwave doesn't work quite as well in winter :angry:

Don't agree, but then I properly got into chillwave during our winter last year.

The new Washed Out album was a fantastic accompaniment to a drive in the country today on one of the best crisp, sunny winter days I've seen in a long time. Definitely one of my favourite albums of the year so far.

I don't remember more than about 3 of us ever mentioning the EP when it was relevant. Yay for bandwagons. :happy:

bandwagon.jpg

:wink:

Got this email from the folks at Sub Pop today...sounds like if you're wanting this one on vinyl, pre-ordering from them is a very, very solid choice:

Bonus, Limited Edition Washed Out 7" on Clear Vinyl w/ Pre-orders!
Big (and likely confusing…) news from the Sub Pop Limited Edition Colored Vinyl Department, Seattle Branch: Washed Out's brand new and really very fantastic LP, Within and Without, comes in all sorts of colored vinyl. If you purchase said record at your local record merchant, you'll get it on either white or light blue vinyl. There’s more white than blue, and absolutely no black, but there’s really no telling which you’ll get until you crack the seal. However, if you pre-order the record from us, the Sub Pop Records and T-shirts Co. of Seattle, WA, you'll for sure get Within and Without on the somewhat more rare light blue vinyl.

This is not the only news from the aforementioned and completely real, Sub Pop Limited Edition Colored Vinyl Department, Seattle Branch. If you purchase Within and Without at your local record merchant, it’s possible that you will also receive, as a free-with-purchase gift the 7” single “Belong” b/w “Phone Call” on traditional and really very nice black vinyl. Both of these songs were on Washed Out’s 2009 EP High Times and here make their first-ever appearance on the vinyl format. However! Again with that! If you pre-order Within and Without on CD or LP from the Sub Pop web concern, you'll receive a copy of this 7" on clear vinyl! Only 700 of these were pressed on clear vinyl, and they go to the first people to pre-order Within and Without from us, so act super fast on this not-to-be-missed-unless-you-savor-regret opportunity! Also, there will be stickers! Also, check out this brand new teaser trailer for Within and Without here.

Pretty thrilled with the (likely) potential for that clear 7" myself. :hyper:

The allure of the guaranteed blue vinyl and and potentially clear 7" proved too much for this deputy, even with the extra $6 for S&H.

I don't remember more than about 3 of us ever mentioning the EP when it was relevant. Yay for bandwagons. :happy:

Isn't the point of an EP usually to galvanize interest in a full-length release, though? I'd say that he has succeeded in that regard.

I don't really care, I just remember wanting to talk about it a ton with people, and no one other than 1Bl00dz would at the time. :wink:

I put "Feel It All Around" on a DI list well over a year ago. I was there.

I don't really care, I just remember wanting to talk about it a ton with people, and no one other than 1Bl00dz would at the time. :wink:

It's strange; I had heard "Feel It All Around" several times and really wanted to know more about the artist, but I could not identify the song until it serendipitously turned up on Axver's DI list.

Which, of course, came after mine. So as far as I'm concerned, I have more cred than all of you. Don't even know why I preordered the LP. He's too commercial now.

I've never listened to a DI list, and typically don't even look at the tracklists people come up with. I far preferred the old "CD trading" threads, as there was no "double discs with pretentious themes" rolling around back then. :wink:

Imperor said:
I put "Feel It All Around" on a DI list well over a year ago. I was there.

Fear not, dep. I remember. I loved it then. It was called papyrus and had a picture of someone crying (a clique joke I don't get). So I've got two copies of the song in iTunes, one with the normal cover, and one with yours.

u2popmofo said:
I've never listened to a DI list, and typically don't even look at the tracklists people come up with. I far preferred the old "CD trading" threads, as there was no "double discs with pretentious themes" rolling around back then. :wink:

:lol:, but, I'm dismayed you and laz don't compete. Would love to see what you'd put together.

I don't care at all for the themes.

Oh yeah, my entry was pretentious as hell. That's why I'm taking it back to the roots for this one.

It will still be pretentious.

By pretensious themes I don't care for, I'm more talking about lists like one screw did, about America's fear of the orgasm or some shit, and one LM did about a rat.

Sorry if that seemed like a personal shot, it wasn't meant to be. I honestly have no idea what people have come up with. I know I've just taken brief glimpses before, and seen what looked like 40 track lists with over-thought themes and such.

Sorry if that seemed like a personal shot, it wasn't meant to be. I honestly have no idea what people have come up with. I know I've just taken brief glimpses before, and seen what looked like 40 track lists with over-thought themes and such.

Oh, I'm not insulted at all. I think that the whole point of the DI game is to be pretentious. I mean, we are assembling disparate songs from disparate artists with the intent of presenting a meaningful whole. It's cooperative pretentiousness. :wink:

I was there in 2010. I was the first one to play Washed Out to the 'Cock kids.

Lest anyone think I actually care about any of this, I should mention that my last few posts have been pure silliness.

I hear everybody that you know is more relevant than everybody that I know.

I acknowledge your prescience, Impy. Extra kudos for working in an LCD Soundsystem reference.

I actually quoted that song 2 or 3 years ago in my Jonathan Richman / Modern Lovers thread. :rolleyes:

:wink:

Oh yeah, my entry was pretentious as hell. That's why I'm taking it back to the roots for this one.

It will still be pretentious.

Does not a pretentious tree bear pretentious fruit? Thee dost not find Friggin Cobbler fruit on pretentious trees, rather Friggin Cobbler brambles.

Back
Top Bottom