Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a lovely summer afternoon and there's great new chillwave to be heard? Sounds like a decent way to spend a Sunday.

It's only a couple weeks away, what's the point?

Unless you're one of those people who only buys 5% of what you listen to, and somehow thinks that's justifiable.

Two weeks seems like eternity for whippersnappers like me.

Plus, chillwave already sounds crappy, so it's impervious to low bitrate leaks.

Just wanted to say this album is fucking terrific. Better songwriting than the EPs...I've got to say I like every track. Also, the beats are a lot heavier/better than before; this is the only chillwave album I've heard so far that would even sound good pumping out of my Accord.

It's only a couple weeks away, what's the point?

Unless you're one of those people who only buys 5% of what you listen to, and somehow thinks that's justifiable.

Sometimes it's justified. For example I really wanted to buy the Arctic Monkeys record. But it's $20 and is just a piece of cardboard with a CD. There's no booklet. Fuck that.

Do you guys think we are still so eager to ride the CHILLWAVVES in summer 11?

I feel like we may have all moved on.

http://pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/7995-washed-out/

Favourite Older Songs at the Moment
Goodie Mob: "Black Ice (Sky High)" is another old favorite of mine. It's definitely one of my favorite tracks of the late 90s. I'm also a big fan of the OutKast stuff of that era. But it was funny-- Goodie Mob got back together and were working on their new record right next door to where [producer] Ben Allen and I were working on my album. It was all blunt smoking and black lights over on their side of things, and we're just drinking coffee by ourselves.

My Dream Collaboration
André 3000. I'm a massive OutKast fan, starting from their earliest records, and I see some of their weirder stuff as his doing. And when Ben [Allen] and I were first talking about my record, I had mentioned that I was a huge fan of those old OutKast records, and he actually knows some of the session musicians that played on those. We were throwing around the idea of reaching out to them to come play on my album. In the end, we didn't have the time or money to make that happen, but I would have loved that.

I just finished listening to the leak for the first time and immediately headed over to Sub Pop's website to pre-order the 12". And bought the Life of Leisure 12", which I should've done long ago, but I think Sub Pop just reissued it within the last month.

Sticky, swampy, humid listens in my new apartment come August, here I come! :hyper:

Chillwave doesn't work quite as well in winter :angry:

Hence the problem North America had when the most recent Cut Copy album came out. It's sounding better and better as we head into the hot sticky summer nights, bay bay.

An NPR First Listen stream is up for those of us who fear the musket. Gonna give it a crack this afternoon.

Heard a few tracks, and I'm really liking it so far. "Amor Fati" is particularly awesome, IMHO.

I love this site so much... every now and then I stumble upon an artist I become utterly infatuated with. Thank you, Interference. Will be purchasing this record as soon as it is released :heart:

I echo all the praise so far. I've been craving this album ever since the ep came out. Really good album!

Back
Top Bottom