Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
product1_84877_600x600.jpg

Finally got to listen to this last night and again this morning during my commute. A really good, warm record. Within and Without You is fantastic, but I've always found it somewhat distant. Paracosm feels more intimate. It's a good summer record for sure, but I think it will also work for the first couple of months of autumn.

This thing is almost ambient on the back end - especially Paracosm, as the song title implies. I like it.

All I Know is really, really good.

Yeah, in general I favour Within & Without and it'll take a lot to top its opening three tracks for me, but All I Know is incredible and right up there with his best previous tracks.

I'm not sold on this band/musician so far, but I concur that All I Know is indeed a great song.

Bliss.

Love the synthy windchimey things on the title track.

I love everything within and without this album. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha, I'm so funniez, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!1!11!!1!!!

Seeing the band live next month (or Ernest Greene, haha). I haven't attended too many shows along the lines of this type of music, but I'm looking forward to it. Still haven't given their new material too much of a listen, although I liked a lot of the prior stuff.

Sub Pop was good on their word. Got the Loser Edition in the mail with the 7" and some extra stickers and such. Enjoyed Sub Pop's packaging of the shipment as well. Clever. :up:

Back
Top Bottom