Wampire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Oh my God. I don't know why this band name is cracking me up so much, but I can't breathe:

06830_prc-257estore-32084_250x250.jpeg

But, the lead single is actually hella good.

Wampire | The Hearse - YouTube

526928_10151342436561974_1603883044_n.jpg

One of the guys in the band has a handlebar mustache and the other guy is a young Jim Steinman. How can you go wrong?!

Ok, OK, SERIOUSLY, I like these guys. A lot. I just wanted to mention. But, I can't stop laughing at them at the same time.

Wampire Joins the Polyvinyl Family; Pre-Order The Hearse 7"

We're extremely excited to welcome Portland, OR's Wampire to the Polyvinyl family!

The band's unique sound has been described as "propulsive pop that's equally deranged and demented" (RCRD LBL).

Wampire's first Polyvinyl release is The Hearse, a two-song 7" featuring the title track along with an exclusive B-side cover of Kraftwerk's "Das Modell."

"The Hearse" serves as the perfect introduction for those unfamiliar with the band -- its opening notes swelling instantly with electronic organs over a driving drum beat. By the time bass and vocals kick in, you're already hooked.

Both songs from the 7" are streaminghere.

Pre-order a copy of the limited edition purple vinyl (500 copies) and receive an INSTANT MP3 album download at checkout

Wampire The Hearse 7"+Instant MP3

Wampire is currently on tour opening for Unknown Mortal Orchestra, whose bassist Jacob Portrait produced the band's debut full-length, Curiosity (to be released in May).

Feb 15 Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA [SOLD OUT]
Feb 16 Beauty Bar, Las Vegas, NV[TICKETS]
Feb 17 Club Congress, Tucson, AZ[TICKETS]
Feb 18 Lowbrow Palace, El Paso, TX [TICKETS]
Feb 20 The Mohawk, Austin, TX [TICKETS]
Feb 21 Fitzgerald's, Houston, TX [TICKETS]
Feb 22 One Eyed Jacks, New Orleans, LA[TICKETS]
Feb 23 529, Atlanta, GA [TICKETS]
Feb 27 Rock & Roll Hotel, Washington, DC[TICKETS]
Feb 28 Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY [TICKETS]
Mar 01 First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia, PA[TICKETS]
Mar 02 Brighton Music Hall, Boston, MA [TICKETS]
Mar 03 il Motore, Montreal, Canada [TICKETS]
Mar 04 Wrong Bar, Toronto, Canada [TICKETS]
Mar 06 Hope College, Holland, MI [TICKETS]
Mar 07 Lincoln Hall, Chicago, IL [TICKETS]
Mar 08 Bluebird Nightclub, Bloomington, IN [TICKETS]
Mar 09 Firebird, St Louis, MO [TICKETS]
Mar 11 Opolis, Norman, OK [TICKETS]
Mar 12 Club Dada, Dallas, TX [TICKETS]
Mar 18 Larimer Lounge, Denver, CO[TICKETS]
Mar 19 Urban Lounge, Salt Lake City, UT [TICKETS]
Mar 22 The Crocodile, Seattle, WA [TICKETS]
Mar 23 The Media Club, Vancouver, Canada[TICKETS]
Apr 05 Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR [TICKETS]

Well, that was a horrible five minutes.

Realized Foxygen was going to be at the show as well, got excited, Travis said we couldn't go because he had class Thursday nights, realized it was over spring break, rejoiced, went to buy tickets, show is sold out :(

NEVER FEAR! They're all playing the night before in Holland, Michigan. $6 a piece cheaper tickets and no booking fees, but for one $2.

I'm seeing Wampire and Foxygen :panic:!!!!!

And Unknown Mortal Orchestra

I have added their date here to my "interested in" list. I'm not very familiar with anyone but Foxygen, but that can be fixed.

It's a two hour drive on a work night, we could TOTALLY leave before UMO :shifty:

(OK OK, I saw UMO once before and they were pretty good, I just really don't like their new album)

Back
Top Bottom