Unpopular musical opinions II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Hoobastank's "The Reason" may actually be good with completely different lyrics. In other words, strictly musically I enjoy that song.

I will take Radiohead's album The Bends any day over OK Computer.

I will take Coldplay's album Parachute any day over A Cold Rush of the Blood to the Head.

I could care less about Interpol!

Tears For Fears comeback album was great!

I wish Brit-Pop was still around today and popular too.

I wish Shoegazer and surf-rock were popular genres today.

LCD Soundsystem and Spoon are by far two of the best bands out today.

The dude in Dirty Projectors is the most talented member of the group.

I don't have a problem with Dave being called the most talented member of the group, really. THE COFF! is a fantastic guitarist in her own right, but Dave's work really shines. Plus, uh, doesn't he compose all the tunes? With how deceivingly complex some of them are, that takes talent.

As for the three ladies not being attractive, it's best I just bite my tongue here.

I think they're cute, but I wouldn't like the band without the dude. He iz good at musics.

The dude in Dirty Projectors is the most talented member of the group.

I'd easily agree with that too, like Imperor said, he is the one who composes all of the songs, and he does have a composition degree from Yale, both of which qualify him for that title, I think.

Each time I hear "All I Need" from In Rainbows, the drum part only makes me think of Springsteen's "Streets of Philadelphia," and it bugs the shit out of me all the time.

Anybody can sing. I think what you meant, perhaps, was that Thom Yorke can't sing well.

But then, of course, you'd be wildly incorrect.

Ahhhh, ok. My bad.

You know what song I've always thought showed off some good Thommy vocals as well as being just an underrated Radiohead song? "You"

You know what song I've always thought showed off some good Thommy vocals as well as being just an underrated Radiohead song? "You"

This. Also, Stop Whispering.

As a matter of fact, here's an unpopular opinion: I have more fun listening to Pablo Honey than Hail To The Thief. Doubt that surprises anyone.

This. Also, Stop Whispering.

As a matter of fact, here's an unpopular opinion: I have more fun listening to Pablo Honey than Hail To The Thief. Doubt that surprises anyone.

You don't give HTTT enough credit. I do think that it's inconsistent, but it's at least half great, if not moreso.

I wander around bars a lot and, you know, at bars they have open mic nights and ambitious semi-hipster bastards are always up there strumming away. I've witnessed a lot of open mic nights in my time and, I don't want to sound like an elitist Radiohead fan or somethin, but it realllllly pisses me off that the only Radiohead song that any open mic kid or cover band ever plays is "Creep." Seriously, I've never heard anything else.

It's like, do they realize that the band, post-"Creep", has one of the most brilliant music catalogues of the last quarter century? Play something else, dammit.

I'm not trying to out-hipster anyone, but I NEVER liked Creep. I don't hate it, but it sounded derivative when it came out, and still does nothing for me.

Also never liked Beck's Loser, either (or much of Mellow Gold), and didn't come around on him until seeing a solo set with him and a walkman. Really liked One Foot In The Grave.

I did, however, like Smells Like Teen Spirit immediately. As any sane person would.

I played "High and Dry" at an open mic night one time, Gaffer.

There were no survivors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom