Unpopular musical opinions II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much less could you care? :hmm:

This thread is called unpopular musicial opinions.So keeping that in mind, in regard, to Interpol, sorry, it's not my cup of tea. The singer is whiny and a little too proud of himself to me.

I think that Bernard Sumner is one of the dullest vocalists I've heard (not quite as boring as the Interpol dude though, someone should check if he's actually a robot).

This thread is called unpopular musicial opinions.So keeping that in mind, in regard, to Interpol, sorry, it's not my cup of tea. The singer is whiny and a little too proud of himself to me.

I think Khanada was just poking fun at your grammar. The correct phrase is "COULDN'T care less", not "COULD care less". It's a very common mistake.

For the record, I hate Interpol as well. The lead singer also denied trying to sound like Ian Curtis, which is just absolutely ridiculous. At least own up to your influences.

I found Curtis rather one-note and boring. His voice suited the material, I guess, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to listen to more albums of it.

Joy Divisions are probably only so well regarded because they only have two albums, if they kept going people probably would of eventually got sick of Ian's voice. He suits the songs but yeah if they kept going it would have just been boring

Turn On The Bright Lights & Our Love To Admire > Antics - that's kinda unpopular, to rank Our Love To Admire ahead of Antics, but the better songs on Antics aren't anywhere near as good as the better songs on Our Love To Admire.

For the record, I adore Paul Banks vocal, and could listen to Ian Curtis endlessly. Insight :drool:

Also, Banks doesn't always sound like Curtis. While it's blatant on the songs like Obstacle 1 and Evil, on his solo album and some of the tracks off OLTA, he sounds nothing like Curtis.

Neil Diamond is awesome!

Ours is an amazing band.

Morrissey is good, but far far too overrated, especially his lyrics.

Radiohead is great but far far too overrated when it comes to being labeled "experimental". They found a sound guys, I don't see them straying from it anytime soon. And Thom's voice seems to be fading faster than most singers...:sad:

Just to name a few...

1. I would take How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb over War any day of the week.

2. The Rolling Stones were better than The Beatles.

3. So are U2.

4. Paul McCartney was a better songwriter than John Lennon. Better singer too.

5. Radiohead is overrated and is best when they're at their poppiest.

6. Robbie Williams is the most underrated musician I think I've ever heard. He gets tossed aside as mindless pop trash but he has a few genius albums, is one of the best performers I've ever seen, writes a great lyric, and has some ace tunes.

7. The Red Hot Chili Peppers new albums are better than their old stuff. They get better with age.

8. Bob Dylan's new music is awful.

9. Chinese Democracy was pretty good.

10. I wish Jenny Lewis would stick with Rilo Kiley. Her solo stuff is great, but that band is something special.

11. The Killers have a chance to be the next U2.

12. Noel over Liam as a vocalist.

13. Oasis's music gets really old really quick.

14. Pearl Jam consistently puts out new albums with only 4 worthwhile songs on them.

1. I would take How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb over War any day of the week.

3. So are U2.

7. The Red Hot Chili Peppers new albums are better than their old stuff. They get better with age.

9. Chinese Democracy was pretty good.

12. Noel over Liam as a vocalist.

14. Pearl Jam consistently puts out new albums with only 4 worthwhile songs on them.

:up::up: And I would lower that number on the Pearl Jam statement.

4. Paul McCartney was a better songwriter than John Lennon. Better singer too.

5. Radiohead is overrated and is best when they're at their poppiest.

6. Robbie Williams is the most underrated musician I think I've ever heard. He gets tossed aside as mindless pop trash but he has a few genius albums, is one of the best performers I've ever seen, writes a great lyric, and has some ace tunes.

11. The Killers have a chance to be the next U2.

These five are absurdly awful.

pm6candid-paul-mccartney-posters.jpg

I don't care what anyone says. The three best Beatles songs were Let It Be, Yesterday, and The Long and Winding Road, and all 3 are McCartney, all the way.

And I'll take Mick and the boys over the Beatles any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom