Unpopular Music Opinions III: Friggin Cobbler Vs. The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Within's got a gorgeous melody. I agree that Game of Love meanders, made more apparent by its placement near the too of the album.

Instant Crush is a banger.

Amok grew on me a little bit on a recent listen, but I still find it pretty dreary. Considering the talent on display, the production is all wrong. It's all one long electronic wash. It sounds like Thom could have recorded it all himself.

Apparently it's far more impressive live, and I wouldn't doubt that.

Amok grew on me a little bit on a recent listen, but I still find it pretty dreary. Considering the talent on display, the production is all wrong. It's all one long electronic wash. It sounds like Thom could have recorded it all himself. Apparently it's far more impressive live, and I wouldn't doubt that.

I love Amok, but I get where you're coming from re the talent. I can't tell what Flea adds, and he's a brilliant bassist.

I think Pulk is really cool to listen to, and it's haunting in a way (specifically the line where he says "...and there are trapdoors...that you can't get back from").

But House Of Cards is beautiful. I think the guitar, drums, bass, Thom's vocal, and the backing vocals all sound spectacular. The song doesn't go anywhere, but so what?

And it's better than Bodysnatchers and Faust ARP. And Jigsaw.

I think Pulk is really cool to listen to, and it's haunting in a way (specifically the line where he says "...and there are trapdoors...that you can't get back from").

But House Of Cards is beautiful. I think the guitar, drums, bass, Thom's vocal, and the backing vocals all sound spectacular.

The song doesn't go anywhere, but so what? And it's better than Bodysnatchers and Faust ARP. And Jigsaw.

I like this a lot :up:

I'm currious about this Amok backlash all of a sudden. I don't recall many negative comments when it was released. I liked it then and still like it now.

But House Of Cards is beautiful. I think the guitar, drums, bass, Thom's vocal, and the backing vocals all sound spectacular. The song doesn't go anywhere, but so what?

And it's better than Bodysnatchers and Faust ARP. And Jigsaw.

Agreed.

I have never liked The Lemonheads cover either. I always listen to It's A Shame About Ray without it.

Bookends is one of the greatest albums ever btw.

Not sure if this is unpopular, but Back in Black is a great album. One of the many I grew up on, and the only AC/DC album I've heard in full. I don't need to hear another, because no one needs more than one AC/DC album because their sound has never changed, and all their big hits are that ubiquitous anyway.

But yeah, Back in Black is great. Hells Bells is a wicked opener, Shoot to Thrill is great, Back in Black too, You Shook Me All Night Long is a classic.

I think in most places it'd be regarded as a popular opinion, actually. I have no time for that album or them in general though.

Ha, just saw this bumped and wanted to come in with a Kid A comment. It's just not very good. Only songs I remotely enjoy on it are Optimistic and Treefingers. (which I think is the instrumental one)

I just don't get all of the love for that album.

Back
Top Bottom