Unpopular Music Opinions III: Friggin Cobbler Vs. The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her new single "Last Friday Night" is another Dr. Luke/Max Martin concoction and sounds like it's trying to be a Ke$ha song...

I immediately thought the same thing when I heard it. The references to glitter and DJs within the first two lines are a Kesha hallmark.

That song is aces.

I like many of their singles (and downright love a few of them), but their albums are too ballad-heavy for me to enjoy.

No spoken words said:
What do you think about Dr. Luke?

I feel that his actions are incongruous with that of a tactful human being; his name itself carries a sizable degree of presumptuous pith that I find grating.

:wink:

Her new single "Last Friday Night" is another Dr. Luke/Max Martin concoction and sounds like it's trying to be a Ke$ha song, but it'll probably be another hit, and the music video is decently amusing, and prominently features Rebecca Black, which is cool.

Oh that's excellent, I hadn't seen the video yet.

That song is ruined by awful lyrics, but I kind of like the hell out of it anyways.

Dr.Luke.jpg

I think I really hate Kesha now. Tik Tok was catchy. As was Love is My Drug. But the whole "I'm a massive whore and proud of it" shtick really wears thin. Plus she is the most downright deplorable live act I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I like Firework...'s film clip. On mute.

There's an incredible tag on the back of an empty billboard casing, between the California and Western stops on Chicago's Blue Line. In fat, pink letters, it reads...

KESHA IS
THE
MESSIAH

There's an incredible tag on the back of an empty billboard casing, between the California and Western stops on Chicago's Blue Line. In fat, pink letters, it reads...

KESHA IS
THE
MESSIAH

Oh lord, is that new? I just rode that juncture today and did not see it.

I don't think 3 Feet High and Rising and De La Soul is Dead are that brilliant. Very unique, and they've both got quite a few great songs, but the skits, half-songs and the not-very-good songs make them
both a slog to get through.

I don't think 3 Feet High and Rising and De La Soul is Dead are that brilliant. Very unique, and they've both got quite a few great songs, but the skits, half-songs and the not-very-good songs make them
both a slog to get through.

Well, with this in mind, since I agree, I almost never listen to albums in full. You know, only the first bunch of times to suss things out. My iPod has been on playlist shuffles for most of its life. But even my "favourite" albums have at least one or two songs that I skip. Certainly, there are albums that are made to be listened in full, quite a lot of them - and I'll respect that for a select few, but most of the time I don't give a rat's toss.

Well, with this in mind, since I agree, I almost never listen to albums in full. You know, only the first bunch of times to suss things out. My iPod has been on playlist shuffles for most of its life. But even my "favourite" albums have at least one or two songs that I skip. Certainly, there are albums that are made to be listened in full, quite a lot of them - and I'll respect that for a select few, but most of the time I don't give a rat's toss.

:hmm:... maybe I should start not being so uptight about that and my music listening will become much more enjoyable. I'll make a De La playlist.

lazarus said:
People's Instinctive etc. + Low End Theory > ...is Dead + 3 Ft. High

Midnight Marauders > all of them

The De La Soul albums are a lot more creative and interesting though, so they get points for that. They're just too long for me to listen to them whenever.

When Doves Cry would be one of my top 5 favorite Prince songs if it had a bass line. One supposedly genius executive decision that has always gone over my head.

Back
Top Bottom