Uncool Music Appreciation ~ Episode 5 Part I ~ WHAM! Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Welcome to the UMAs where we celebrate artists and bands that are generally completely hated and reviled by the cool kids of this forum. Here you will find all those artists that you have been advised over and over not to like by the ones with impeccable taste in music. So don't look for B&C favorites like Radiohead, Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros in here. In fact, indie music is banned in this thread. The more mainstream an artist is, more is the chance you will find them featured in this series. Now let's go ahead and celebrate extremely popular mainstream music with the UMAs!

wham.jpg

*drumroll*

jitterbug
jitterbug
jitterbug
jitterbug

You put the boom boom into my heart, Interference.

YouTube - Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

This next video makes me wanna go on holiday... without the naked men in tighty whities of course.

YouTube - Wham! - Club Tropicana

Sax! which would later change to Sex Sex and more Sex!

YouTube - Careless Whisper

Uh huh huh... Oh...oh...Ahaa ahaaa doo doo doo la la la la la........ © Andrew Ridgeley 1984

YouTube - Everything She Wants - Wham - 1984

Last but not least, something for the season...

YouTube - Last Christmas - Wham! (HQ Audio)

wham_wideweb__470x389,0.jpg

Next up:

ridgeley-431.jpg
appreciation thread!

just kidding.

I can't think about Wham! without thinking about petrol stations and male models.

I loved Careless Whisper back in the day...OK, actually I still do. :D Actually I have Make It Big on my iPod. :reject: But I only listen to a few songs off it, and Freedom is great for walking in the city (not to be confused with George Michael's Freedom '90 which is also great for walking in the city), I skip the rest as it's very dated.

I like both Freedoms for different reasons.

I skip the rest as it's very dated.

How about this?...

Some people work for a living
Some people work for fun
Girl, I just work for you
They told me marriage was a give and take
You've shown me you can take you've got some giving to do
And now you tell me that you're having my baby
I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to
But one step further and my back will break
If my best isn't good enough
Than how can it be good enough for two?
(Uh huh huh... Oh...oh...Ahaa ahaaa doo doo doo la la la la la)
I can't work any harder than I do!

:lol:

Ha! I love that song - they need to play that one more. Instead, we get endless repetition of Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and the gag-worthy Careless Whisper. I hate that song.

Everything She Wants was a good one, too.

When Wham! first came out (har har), and George Michael got all the attention, I thought Andrew Ridgely was the cuter of the two. Poor Andrew Ridgely.

Back
Top Bottom