Uncool Music Appreciation ~ Episode 2 ~ Bon Jovi Appreciation Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was pleased as punch to discover that Blaze of Glory was on the Bon Jovi greatest hits album, even though it was released as a solo.

When I was 13, I wore a Bon Jovi shirt nearly all summer long. It was a very high-quality, cotton-fibre shirt, which I appreciated. :up:

I have their 1st, 3rd and 4th albums, and I'm surprised I don't have the 5th because I like a lot of songs off it. Since then, I've only liked a couple of their songs, most notably It's My Life.

I liked them back in the day. In retrospect, they're kind of cheesy*, and some of their songs have been so overplayed on radio, I can barely listen to them these days (Living On A Prayer, Wanted, I'm looking at you). Otherwise, they're okay in small doses.

I don't really care for their current, countrified sound, but I'm glad for them that they've found their niche, and a way to extend their career.

*which is okay. Music doesn't always have to be serious and intense and meaningful. Sometimes just being fun to listen to is good enough.

Def Leppard :hyper:

Btw, great idea, Zoots, I'm enjoying this. :up:

pepo, I knew you would respond! :hi5: :rockon:

When I was 13, I wore a Bon Jovi shirt nearly all summer long. It was a very high-quality, cotton-fibre shirt, which I appreciated. :up:

:lol: What about the music? I had a Bon Jovi t-shirt too. I loved wearing it all the time! :reject:

Btw, didn't we talk about Never Say Goodbye recently? lol. I don't remember how it got brought up.

I have their 1st, 3rd and 4th albums, and I'm surprised I don't have the 5th because I like a lot of songs off it.

I have no idea which ones you're talking about! *goes to allmusic.com*

In retrospect, they're kind of cheesy*

*which is okay. Music doesn't always have to be serious and intense and meaningful. Sometimes just being fun to listen to is good enough.

Exactly! Sometimes this forum seems to take music in general too seriously! :crack:

Btw, great idea, Zoots, I'm enjoying this. :up:

Yay! Thanks.

Bon Jovi are good rock cheese and I like their big hits. Livin' on a Prayer is one hell of a party song, never fails to get everyone jumping and singing like an idiot, :)

:lmao: Once again you've said something that made me literally laugh out loud! I think the smiley face combined with the word "idiot" did it. You should keep this up in forthcoming UMA threads!

I have no shame in admitting my love for Bon Jovi.

When I was younger, my friends and I made up a dance routine to Bed of Roses. :lol: It was pretty dramatic and cheesy, as far as I can remember.

Living on a Prayer, Bed of Roses, and You Give Love a Bad Name are my all time favourites.

Jon = :combust:

Yes, I like me some Bon Jovi. There, I said it. I even saw them on tour this past year. Fun show. Keep The Faith :up: Lots of others, but I can't think of them at the moment (other than those listed). Their last album had a few good ones, even the one with Big & Rich: We Got It Going On; (You Want To) Make A Memory, Lost Highway...

I entered 10th grade in the fall of 1986 and most days, you'd likely find more copies of Slippery When Wet on my campus than you would a McGraw-Hill text book. :yes: I think I personally played two cassettes of the album into oblivion. But over time, my musical interested became more focused in other areas (hmm, what could that have been?? :D ) and I stopped following Bon Jovi's music.

Flash forward to spring of 2002 when I won tickets to see a GooGoo Dolls/Bon Jovi bill. I was actually more interested in seeing the GGD's - I felt I had, um... outgrown Bon Jovi. :reject: Long story short, GGD's did put on a great show but I was unprepared for what BJ brought to the arena. I mean, sure, I was enjoying their mix of songs from my formative years along with newer numbers that I wasn't familiar with. But when they launched into "Livin' on a Prayer", the crowd went insane & they blew the freakin' rafters off the place and I forgot all about GGD's. I left that concert with a whole new respect for BJ; one that stays with me to this day. :reverentsmiley:

As a postscript, I have to say that in general I'm not a fan of country music, but if you guys ever get a chance to see Bon Jovi with Sugarland on 'Crossroads' (CMT's version of MTV's 'Mash Up'): DO IT. :up: :up: :up:

I like Bon Jovi's 80s stuff - "I'll Be There For You", "Never Say Good-Bye". I also like "Blaze of Glory." I'm not too crazy about their recent work, although "Its My Life" is pretty cool.

Shot!
DOOOOOOOOWWUUUUUUUN INNA BLAYYZZZE OF GLOAHURYYYYYY

Since it has something to do with Young Guns 2, it's alright in my book.

I actually like that song Miracle from the Young Guns 2 Soundtrack. Its another Jon Bon Jovi song, but I guess you can lump it in with all the rest too.
:)

I didn't like Have a Nice Day until Melinda Doolittle sang it on American Idol. I thought, "Hey, this song is kind of cool..."

:reject:

And also - can't someone mention sales without automatically getting beat down for somehow trying to say it equates to quality? He was just saying they were a big earner, despite being sometimes being lumped in as a 80s hair band.

And also, also, I wouldn't mind checking out that Crossroads episode. I kind of like Sugarland, although that woman's voice can get really grating really fast.

Quite possibly my most hated band ever, because like cockroaches, they just won't seem to go away.

They are not better than their cheese metal peers. They do not make good music.

THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME.

Awful, awful, awful.

Quite possibly my most hated band ever, because like cockroaches, they just won't seem to go away.

They are not better than their cheese metal peers. They do not make good music.

THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME.

Awful, awful, awful.

Don't hold back now. Tell us how you really feel. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom