Uncool Music Appreciation ~ Episode 2 ~ Bon Jovi Appreciation Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Welcome to the UMAs where we celebrate artists and bands that are generally completely hated and reviled by the cool kids of this forum. Here you will find all those artists that you have been advised over and over not to like by the ones with impeccable taste in music. So don't look for B&C favorites like Radiohead, Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros in here. In fact, indie music is banned in this thread. The more mainstream an artist is, more is the chance you will find them featured in this series. Now let's go ahead and celebrate extremely popular mainstream music with the UMAs!

For our second installment, the featured band is Bon Jovi. Hailing from Sayreville, New Jersey, the band has spanned 3 decades and sold over 120 million albums worldwide!

Bon-Jovi.jpg

Here are some choice song picks:
(I'll skip the Tommy and Gina ones just cos they're way overplayed anyway. Oh and in a couple of these, embedded play doesn't work so you'll have to click on the title and go watch them at YouTube)

In the beginning, there was hair...

YouTube - Runaway - Bon Jovi

Then there were cowboys...

YouTube - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
YouTube - Bon Jovi - 'Blaze Of Glory'

But not everything was simply macho posturing! Here's some lesser known serious material...

YouTube - Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
YouTube - Bon Jovi - Dry County

In the end though, everyone will remember this graduation anthem...

YouTube - Bon Jovi- Never Say Good Bye

All said and done, my personal favorite will always be...

YouTube - Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith

Enjoy!

Oh, and as the old saying goes...

If you can't say anything nice, FUCK OFF!

:)

Next up: This guy originally wanted to call his second album "Hasn't Heard of You Either" due to the disappointing sales of his first album.

Slippery When Wet is both terrible and entertaining at the same time. Quite the conundrum.

Make a Def Leppard appreciation thread so I can have something nice to say. :angry:

Haha I was in fact thinking of featuring them at some point and believe it or not, I thought of you.. cos I know you like Hysteria a lot! And one other band that you like may show up. :shifty:

All said and done, my personal favorite will always be...

YouTube - Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith

Enjoy!

That one is also my favourite. In fact, I think their Keep The Faith album is quite ace! :up:

Keep The Faith, Bed Of Roses, Dry Country, Fear, Little Bit Of Soul are all excellent.
The edition I have also has a bonus CD with some live tracks (including Keep The Faith :drool: ). Great stuff. :)

I do think that his later stuff is a bit too generic for my tastes. But many artists don't even make one good album, so BJ can be appreciated. :giggle:

Haha I was in fact thinking of featuring them at some point and believe it or not, I thought of you.. cos I know you like Hysteria a lot! And one other band that you like may show up. :shifty:

Now I'm curious to see what that other band is.

I'm looking forward to Laz's contribution to the Poison appreciation thread.

Then I will just counter with Def Leopard forever and always :grumpy:

And you will lose every time. Bon Jovi vs. Def Leppard? Seriously? One of those bands used guitars at point.

And you will lose every time. Bon Jovi vs. Def Leppard? Seriously? One of those bands used guitars at point.

The other created hair bands. While of course you probably view that as a bad thing, I think it wins on many levels

I like the big Bon Jovi hits, but loathe the ballads. There are few things I hate more, music-wise, than big power ballads by 80s hair bands.

I really love two of their more recent tunes, too: Have a Nice Day and It's My Life.

Livin' On a Prayer is just one of those songs that calls for turning it up and singing at the top of your lungs. It's like Journey in that respect.

I like the big Bon Jovi hits, but loathe the ballads. There are few things I hate more, music-wise, than big power ballads by 80s hair bands.

I really love two of their more recent tunes, too: Have a Nice Day and It's My Life.

Livin' On a Prayer is just one of those songs that calls for turning it up and singing at the top of your lungs. It's like Journey in that respect.

How could you Cori? How could you :runs off in tears:

"She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not

We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

Whooah, we're half way there
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer"

Failure at making sense :up:

I secretly like some songs though :shifty:

"She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not

We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

Whooah, we're half way there
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer"

Failure at making sense :up:

I secretly like some songs though :shifty:

You might enjoy this video:

YouTube - The Friends Theme and Sugar Ray

Oh! Now that, you're just going to have to live with that fact. I love the 80s, and I love cheesy rock songs, but I do not like power ballads.

The end.

Blaze of Glory is a Jon Bon Jovi song. NOT a Bon Jovi song. Just figured I'd share that with you. :wink:

When is the Celine Dion UMA? :rockon:

Oh! Now that, you're just going to have to live with that fact. I love the 80s, and I love cheesy rock songs, but I do not like power ballads.

The end.

If I got over that terrible Brewers thing, I'l make it through this too. I'll soldier on Cori. For you.

Blaze of Glory is a Jon Bon Jovi song. NOT a Bon Jovi song. Just figured I'd share that with you. :wink:

Yeah I knew somebody would bring that up. Thing is the song is on their greatest hits album Cross Road so I think it's considered okay either way. Besides, it's one of Jon's songs that I really like and did not want to exclude it.

When is the Celine Dion UMA? :rockon:

I'm not too sure about that. :uhoh:

simply red

:lol: That name crossed my mind but I simply (lmao, no pun was intended!) do not know enough about them! I do like that song, Stars though. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom