Uncool Music Appreciation ~ Episode 1 ~ Phil Collins Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In The Air Tonight - I remember when the album came out. Yes, and I mean vinyl. There were no CDs way back then. It was an advanced pressing, and I didn't even know at the time he had a solo album coming out. I prefer his earlier days with Genesis though.

Those songs in the opening post are lesser examples of Phil's awesomeness.

If you can get them, listen to the vinyl of Face Value and Hello, I Must Be Going. CD will suffice if you have to. That's music.

I think out of all those clips I liked The West Side most. That performance of In The Air Tonight was really good too!

Seriously, I have said it before and I will say it again; No Jacket Required is one of the best albums of the 80's.

I had that one in my Interference Top 50.

I gotta admit, I like Phil, but mostly his stuff from the 80's to the early 90's. One of my favorite Phil songs is Do You Remember. It brings back a lot of memories from the Summer of 1990. Damn, that was a good Summer.

Forgot to reply to this...

BTW, is episode 3 going to be another '90s Elton John thread? :hyper:

Maybe this series is not for you. :( See below.

Welcome to the UMAs where we celebrate artists and bands that are generally completely hated and reviled by the cool kids of this forum.

It's pretty sad though that even though you hate his music, you're the 4th highest poster here out of 23. :(

I saw Collins at the Roxy in Hollywood, must have been '82 since you posted those clips Gabe. I had free tickets for the Perkins Palace show a few days later - didn't go :shrug:

^ :ohmy:

Also...

I'd say I'm actually a big Phil Collins fan. :D

I'm somewhat surprised by this. I thought you were a huge Peter Gabriel fan! Not that Gabriel fans can't be Collins fans. But Gabriel Genesis fans generally seem to hate Collins' Genesis.

ok this is Genesis but worth it just for the 'HA-HA!"s

lol

I never got those "ha ha"s. What was he.. trying to be scary? in a song about his mother? :huh: Otherwise, I like that song.

Back
Top Bottom