um yes, blur are getting back together.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Blur confirm summer reunion gig

Blur are reforming to play a huge live show in London's Hyde Park next summer - nine years after their last concert as a four-piece band.

Damon Albarn, Graham Coxon, Alex James and Dave Rowntree will reunite for the concert on 3 July.

It will be the first time the band have played in public since performing at London's Royal Festival Hall in 2000, before Coxon left the group in 2002.

Tickets for the gig, which will cost £45, go on sale at 0900 GMT on Friday.

this is quite possibly the best news i've heard in a very long time.
anyone else going to try and go?
EHHHHHHH??!?!?
HAAAAAAUUUUUHHH?!?!??!?!

people should be welcoming this news the same way parents feel upon news of a wanted pregnancy.

Best news EVER, I'll definitely be trying to get tickets for this!

I received an email today telling me as a mailing list member I get to buy tickets in the presale tomorrow morning! YES! Fucking best news in ages. Been listening to blur loads recently, can't fucking wait!

YES!!

I won't be able to go to the show either, but I'm sure someone will record it for posterity.

And of course, a new album would be even better news. But this is the first step, right?

Oh yeah, FUCK OASIS.

Verve like reunion, gigs then album?

Doubt Blur could ever release something as brilliant as Parklife....

Mixed reviews? How about an 83 rating on Metacritic, which translates as "universal acclaim", plus a 9.0 user rating?

Regardless, Oasis could never even dream of recording something as original and brilliant as Think Tank. I'll take one of those over two predictable Brit pop albums, which have Metacritic ratings of 64 and 66, by the way. That's what I call "mixed".

Thanks for playing.

Oh yeah, fuck Coldplay and Viva la Vida (72) too.

Blur > Oasis.

Oasis is very overrated. They're not bad, they're just nothing special.

Mixed reviews? How about an 83 rating on Metacritic, which translates as "universal acclaim", plus a 9.0 user rating?

Regardless, Oasis could never even dream of recording something as original and brilliant as Think Tank. I'll take one of those over two predictable Brit pop albums, which have Metacritic ratings of 64 and 66, by the way. That's what I call "mixed".

Thanks for playing.

Oh yeah, fuck Coldplay and Viva la Vida (72) too.

For those keeping score at home:

Blur = Scorsese
Oasis = Spielberg
Coldplay = M. Night Shamalamadingdong

Back
Top Bottom