um yes, blur are getting back together.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that there's been a good 6 months between posts, I figured it would be a good time for a bump. I'm seeing them next Friday. Vampire Weekend, Amadou & Miriam, Florence And The Machine, and Deerhoof are supporting, while the Thursday gig has Foals, Friendly Fires, Crystal Castles and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble lined up. Guess I got the better end of the deal on this one.

Man, I couldn't care less what the setlist is like. Beetlebum is all I ask for, but a large helping of Modern Life Is Rubbish would be simply :drool:

Bumping this. I have a friend that went to Hyde Park last week...I haven't had a chance to pick his brain but from the rehearsal vids, it looks like there was a fair mix. Also, there is supposed to be a download of the full set somewhere.

I keep hoping they enjoyed the shows so much, they'll do a handfull in the US.

Hyde Park Set List:

“She’s So High”
“Girls & Boys”
“Tracy Jacks”
“There’s No Other Way”
“Jubilee”
“Badhead”
“Beetlebum”
“Out of Time”
“Trimm Trabb”
“Coffee & TV” (introduced by Coxon humbly announcing, “Hi. I’m singing this next song”)
“Tender”
“Country House”
“Oily Water” :ohmy:
“Chemical World”
“Sunday Sunday”
“Parklife”
“End Of A Century”
“To The End”
“This Is A Low” :heart:

“Popscence”
“Advert”
“Song 2″

“Death Of A Party”
“For Tomorrow”
“Universal”

Blur Bring Hyde Park to Life as Reunion Dates Roll On : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

YespleaseAmericandates.

Funny how they only played, what, one song from Think Tank? I guess that's out of deference to Coxon, who wasn't there for that album, but it was a great one and deserves more respect than that.

Funny how they only played, what, one song from Think Tank? I guess that's out of deference to Coxon, who wasn't there for that album, but it was a great one and deserves more respect than that.

It was a good one but it was certainly lacking without Graham, even the live shows during that period were missing something. They were still great but I guess I just missed seeing Graham on stage.

But watching YouTube clips from the recent shows, it looks like they are really enjoying this.

Amazing concert, nothing more to say, really. The setlist was superb on all counts (Chemical World, Oily Water, Death Of A Party :hyper: ), and the band seemed thrilled to be there. Couldn't ask for more. :D Well, better sound would have been nice. Popscene was nearly inaudible. Then again, I might as well ask for a spot in the front row with a velvet cushion while I'm at it.

Thanks for the review! The YouTube vids I'm sure don't do it justice because you can't hear shit, but it looks like they were having a great time up on stage again.

I'm hoping this lasts a bit...really would love to see the full line-up again!

They were a good band
Albarn is quality
Alex James should DIE
Graham, one shit solo album after another
Dave, who cares?

The Guardian newspaper called them the biggest band since the Beatles lol WTF
Hype machine in overdrive

Maybe in the top 20 bands of the 1990's from UK
Not a patch on The Verve, Manics, Stereophonics and
OASIS

Blur is such an amazing band. I actually like their later stuff more than anything (but still love their old stuff). Easily the best brit band of the 90s. None of the other big bands then (Oasis, Verve, etc.) could lay a hand on them. Blur's career is so much more diverse it's not even funny. Damon Albarn is a genius and he has one of the coolest voices ever.

If Blur ever played in the US I'd defacate in my pants with excitement.

Blur is better than Oasis simply because they were able to, you know, EVOLVE from one fucking sound to another.

You'd think that would be obvious, huh?

They proved on several occasions they could do the Oasis thing quite easily, and then proceeded to prove they could play a shitload of styles outside the grasp of the Unibrow.

i had to sell my tickets, i wish i could have been there.

and anyone who talks about oasis being better than blur in this thread should be embarassed.

Not a patch on The Verve, Manics, Stereophonics and

Oasis is better than Blur... but wtf? None of those three come close to Blur, especially Stereophonics, which imo is awful.
(I like Verve and Manics though.)

Damon cant sing
Think Tank was awful

Who cares if his voice isn't technically good? He sounds awesome. Listen to Feel Good Inc.. He's the epitome of cool. Plus he's incredibly creative. He made a friggin Chinese opera last year. He's nota douchebag like those Oasis guys. They're high on my list of people I'd love to punch in the face.

Think Tank awful? LOL. Very few people will agree with you on that.

^I actually agree with him in some level. Think Tank is one of the few (maybe two or three) albums that I've never been able to go all the way through the end. I tried three times already I guess. And that's the only reason for me not agreeing with him entirely (Think Tank speaking, cause I think that Blur and Damon are freakin' awesome.)
Also, I must add that Blur has one of the longest strings of near-perfect/perfect albums I've ever seen:
Parklife
The Great Escape
Blur
I think only a few bands can top that.

Blur had a handful of top notch songs

No Distance Left To Run
COffee and Tv
Universal
End of A Century
She' so High
Parklife

Some ok ones

Country House
Tender
Beetlebum
Song 2
This is A low
For Tomorrow

ACTUALLY I TAKE IT BACK SAYING BLUR ARE NOT IN THE TOP 20 90'S BANDS
OASIS
MANICS
90'S U2
THE VERVE
STEREOPHONICS
RADIOHEAD
TRAVIS
BLUR - THATS FAIR! It took me years to like them as i thought they were total shit to begin with. I think the main reason i criticise Blur is because Alex James is the biggest cunt in the world. If he was not there, i think i'd like them a lot more. Damon is fine.

Whereas IN THE OTHER CORNER

DM, WTSMG are masterpieces
BHN is also a knockout. DYKWIM is immense.
MP - the b-sides are GODLIKE
SOTSOG - so underrated. Couple of dodgy ones there but the classics standout (Gas Panic, F-ing in Bushes)
HC - not great. Some amazing tracks, some average (A Quick Peep, Probably All in the Mind)
DBTT - amazing. Only 1 letdown and that was Mucky Fingers
DOYS - Another masterpiece

Both Noel and Damon have said there never was a 'war' between them. And they said they get on when they bump into each other. The NME mag sold shit loads due to the whole Oasis/Blur battle. The whole North v South divide.

Watch the 7 ages of rock to see the whole story DAMON IS TOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVEng9iHag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nVp2jEuAVc

No war, just wishing someone would catch AIDS and die. Keep it classy, Prometheus.

That I can understand, but there's a time and a place for it, you know?

Love Blur, I get more enjoyment out of Oasis, as their songs resonate more, but Blur are like the KinKs revived for the 90s, and that is a cool thing.

Travis are the best Pom band of the late 90's and 00's I reckon.

Actually, I'm not Phil's biggest fan, but I'd put

51oxdnFUUzL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

up against any album in the Oasis catalog. Of course, I haven't listened to anything of theirs since Morning Glory, since I knew two albums into their career that they were shit, and I sold that shit for whatever pocket change the corner CD store would give me. Not even the addition of Andy Bell, a high school idol of mine, could entice me to endure more. They are insufferable and have provided little to the music community other than soundbites to sell publications. But I will agree that it is funny, if sad, considering the source.

Or maybe I should move this to the Unpopular Music Opinions thread...

Back
Top Bottom