um yes, blur are getting back together.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mixed reviews? How about an 83 rating on Metacritic, which translates as "universal acclaim", plus a 9.0 user rating?

I don't know. I recall that it got mixed reviews at least initially, when it came out. I haven't listened to it myself. But allmusic gave it only 2 stars.

I actually have no problem with Blur. Their Best Of is one of the best I've ever heard by anyone. And the one other album I have, Parklife is excellent! I need to pick up the others like Modern Life and Great Escape.

Anyway I was merely responding to your unprovoked attack on Oasis in a Blur thread. Personally I enjoy music from both bands.

i'm getting my tickets in less than 24 hours, batches.
hyde park.
more like... (hyde) parklife.

no, that didn't work at all did it.

i best still be in europe by then.
auch.

if only i was made of pound sterling.

lol, what the fuck's metacritic and what makes it the be all and end all of what is good and what is bad.

lol, what the fuck's metacritic and what makes it the be all and end all of what is good and what is bad.

:lol: And the point goes sailing over your head.

It was a discussion about the reception of the two albums, and metacritic does, as it turns out, analyze the reception of music.

Blur is a better band than Oasis. They're more creative, innovative, have a greater variety of sounds, and they never truly fell off.

But damn...those first two Oasis albums are classics. Arguably better than anything Blur ever released.

Mixed reviews? How about an 83 rating on Metacritic, which translates as "universal acclaim", plus a 9.0 user rating?

Regardless, Oasis could never even dream of recording something as original and brilliant as Think Tank. I'll take one of those over two predictable Brit pop albums, which have Metacritic ratings of 64 and 66, by the way. That's what I call "mixed".

Thanks for playing.

Oh yeah, fuck Coldplay and Viva la Vida (72) too.

So I just look up this MetaCritic site and I don't see Oasis' first two albums...what's the point in this site?

A little deeper digging reveals that almost all of their ratings start at about the year 2000.

they're my girlfriend's at the moment. she bought them, and will sell them to a friend of hers if i can't make it.
i'll let her know that you'd be willing to be her friend, though. ha

they're my girlfriend's at the moment. she bought them, and will sell them to a friend of hers if i can't make it.
i'll let her know that you'd be willing to be her friend, though. ha

I'm willing to be anybody's friend for a Blur ticket :sexywink:

Seriously though, I know that many of my friends in the UK have bought tickets to see Blur so I'm pretty positive about seeing them...

Couldn't get tickets, the dates are right in the middle of my A-Levels. I'm holding out for them headlining Glastonbury though.

Back
Top Bottom