U2 is your favorite band....right??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife sometimes talks about how she has to share me :wink:

U2 is my number 1 although that tends to change between albums and tours.

I thought this guy was your favorite:

bryanadams.jpg

U2 is by far my favorite band, but i've been lucky enough to discover tons of bands in the last 5 years. so let's just say that i love LOTS of music, but U2 will always hold the top pedestal.

i will never "get" another band or care about another band as much as i care about U2. they've provided the soundtrack to a great portion of my life, good times and especially bad, and i have forged a deep emotional connection to several of their albums.

however, i'll go months without listening to them. lots of other music will rise to the top of my playlist for a while. i'll become obsessed with other bands at different points, and i also have a deep love for several other bands as well.

but there's an endurance to my relationship with U2 that no other band can touch.

Most of these words could have come right out of my own brain.

U2 and REM jockeyed for my #1 slot for years, although now REM has fallen way behind. Right now it's U2 as my all-time favorite band, with Bruce Springsteen coming up really close behind them.

I'll go long stretches with only random listens to U2 songs, while I obsess with other bands/singers. My Bruce obsession is relatively new.

U2 is my favorite. Competitors like Springsteen, Radiohead, and Bowie are great, but I will never know as much about a band as I do U2. Their live stuff is what does it for me. No other band (not even Bruce) captures me with their live stuff like U2 does.

Most of these words could have come right out of my own brain.

U2 and REM jockeyed for my #1 slot for years, although now REM has fallen way behind. Right now it's U2 as my all-time favorite band, with Bruce Springsteen coming up really close behind them.

I'll go long stretches with only random listens to U2 songs, while I obsess with other bands/singers. My Bruce obsession is relatively new.

weird. i dig the REM and the Bruce as well.

well i guess this means we totally have to get gay married in puce.

if someone asked me who I liked, U2 would be said within top three of bands/artists.

I know this is not the exact answer you are looking for, but it will fuking do you because it saves me having my butt slapped for not being completely upfront on a question that makes or breaks bonds within the scenerio it has delieverd upon us all.

thank you.

:up::D

U2 is my favorite. Competitors like Springsteen, Radiohead, and Bowie are great, but I will never know as much about a band as I do U2. Their live stuff is what does it for me. No other band (not even Bruce) captures me with their live stuff like U2 does.

:up:

i can't even imagine owning anything over 5 bootlegs for any other band. i own at least 100 U2 bootlegs.

4 and something years since I was introduced to music (good music) by U2. Listened to a lot of stuff since then, but they're still number 1.

These days, U2 probably aren't even in my top 15 or 20 still-going bands. They're not at the top of my BEST EVAR list, either, but they're close. Something like this, I suppose...

1) The Beatles
2) U2
3) The Velvet Underground
4) Radiohead
5) Super Furry Animals
6) Talking Heads

And I don't really feel like parsing out the rest of it.

These days, U2 probably aren't even in my top 15 or 20 still-going bands. They're not at the top of my BEST EVAR list, either, but they're close. Something like this, I suppose...

1) The Beatles
2) U2
3) The Velvet Underground
4) Radiohead
5) Super Furry Animals
6) Talking Heads

And I don't really feel like parsing out the rest of it.

No LC! love from you?

U2 are my favorite band in the WHOLE WORLD ... when they tour. And then I forget about them until the next tour/record. I almost never listen to U2 except around a new record and new tour. I have not listened to a single U2 record except for NLOTH since the last tour.

By contrast, I have listened to something by Radiohead probably every week for many years and never get tired of them.

1. U2
2. The Beatles
3. Coldplay
4. The Rolling Stones
5. Led Zeppelin
6. The Who
7. The Doors
8. The Arcade Fire
9. Nirvana
10. The White Stripes

That's probably how my top ten bands look right now, although R.E.M, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Oasis, RHCP, and the Smashing Pumpkins, are probably tied at some spots too. And there's other bands, I love (i.e. Weezer, No Doubt, Keane, Snow Patrol, Green Day, etc), but not at the same level right now. As for solo artists

1. Madonna
2. Bob Dylan
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Elton John
5. Michael Jackson
6. Prince
7. Johnny Cash
8. Patti Smith
9. Tori Amos
10. John Mayer

Ben Harper, Alanis Morissette, Billy Joel, Sarah McLachlan, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Common, Fiona Apple, Feist, Eminem, Kanye, Jewel, and more will always be among my favorites. I just listen to too much music.:lol:

My favorite bands/artists lately, in order:
1. Wilco
2. The Nels Cline Singers
3. Sonic Youth
4. Carla Bozulich
5. U2
6. Andrew Bird
7. Deerhoof

U2 is on their way down the list these days. I'm getting into more experimental stuff.

they're my favourite, but they're facing more and more challenges as i listen to more music.

in fact, over the last three months or so the only u2 i've listened to is no line on the horizon, whereas i'm giving stuff like split enz, crowded house, depeche mode etc much more varied listening.

All time favorite, yes. In regards to who I actually listen to the most, here is my top 5 since 2005 according to Last FM:

1. Okkervil River
2. Idlewild
3. Radiohead
4. Sigur Ros
5. The National

Shuttlecock is 6.

Just for fun...
I guess my top 10 (13 actually :wink:) looks like this right now:
#1) U2
#2) Aerosmith
#3) R.E.M.
#4) Led Zep