U2 is your favorite band....right??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
so I think the majority of the people here would say that U2 is their absolute favorite band, but Im wondering if there is anyone here who is a fan of U2, but likes another band more??

If U2 is NOT your favorite band, tell us what is! or if U2 is your favorite band, what are other bands do you like almost as much?

for me, the only band I like almost as much as U2 is radiohead, but U2 is always the best for me!

How about you?

Formerly. Not anymore though. Not by a long shot. If I have to throw a "favorite" tag out, I'd say Wilco, Radiohead, or the National. But I listen to far too many different artists, each with their own distinct merits, to label a favorite.

If you want to try Wilco, start with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. If you want to try the National, start with Alligator or Boxer (u2popmofo will heartily endorse the former).

I can see you're a foreigner to this section of the site. I was too at exactly your age. Just the Bang and the Clatter and a lot of the people I've come to know on it have introduced me to a whole lot of great music that has come to be a huge, huge part of my life. So welcome. I hope you find something worth liking here.

And my signature is the cover art of the latest album from one of my other current "favorites," Animal Collective.

They used to be the bees knees, I'll admit I did almost worhsip the ground they walked on.

What happened?

I "Grew out" of them, and changed my tastes in music, Last Fm really was the start from me. 3 years ago, I really branched out.

These days I don't think I have one favorite artist. Just a whole damn bunch. I still love U2, its just a bit different these days.

Definitely, I'll never have the kind of emotional connection I have to U2's music to anyone else's... except maybe my own. Plus the larger than life history has them burned into me, I'm obsessed and proud of it.

U2 is my favorite band still releasing music, but the Beatles will probably always be my favorite band in general.

Who is U2?

A lot of us like Shuttlecock here, as has been mentioned. They're pretty sweet, if a bit raunchy for my tastes.

Otherwise, I'm not sure who my favorite "band" is these days... I seem to gravitate to singular artists more frequently. Fleet Foxes has been rather effectively melting my brain recently though.

I try to avoid saying what my favourite band is, I prefer to say I like a bunch of bands a whole lot. I'd say U2 would be one of them, though if I had to rank bands, no, they wouldn't be number one.

U2 are A Favourite, but not The Favourite. I'd rank them in my top five, but Porcupine Tree are number one these days.

Certainly U2, and it has been for about 6 years now....can't see it changing anytime soon, we'll see.

Travis challenged U2 for this position last year, as I identified with the band and their music very personally, and on an enjoyability level, every song is exceptionally satisfying. Travis represents MY band, a band only I understand and appreciate, cause I seem to be the only person who appreciates them down under. U2 prevailed through, they just are THAT good on EVERY level.

So, for me, it's

1. U2
2. Travis

....daylight....

U2 are A Favourite, but not The Favourite. I'd rank them in my top five, but Porcupine Tree are number one these days.

Same. Porcupine Tree excite me more now...although I must say I'm quite excited at the new tour and NLOTH is a few steps above HTDAAB and AYCLB. Also The Church still really excite me - don't forget they have been releasing albums almost as long as U2 and most have been good...in fact the last few have been really good. Seems like they keep getting better. And I can't forget Neil Young (especially live in concert!!!).

U2 are right up there and always have been... admittedly, at some stages more than others.

Other bands/artists that I rate just as highly would be REM, The Beatles, The Cure, Radiohead, David Bowie... and also The Shins, The White Stripes and Silverchair. That's the tip of a very large iceberg anyway...

Starflyer 59 is my favourite band. Not U2.

:shocked: Nah... no way!

They used to be the bees knees, I'll admit I did almost worhsip the ground they walked on.

What happened?

I "Grew out" of them, and changed my tastes in music, Last Fm really was the start from me. 3 years ago, I really branched out.

These days I don't think I have one favorite artist. Just a whole damn bunch. I still love U2, its just a bit different these days.

I think you'll find this is how a lot of people feel.

The Church (and various solo and side projects by two of the members -- Steve and Marty) is my favourite by far. I love that they are equally adept at lovely pop songs and trippy psychedelic pieces. And their catalog is huge.

Also love Catherine Wheel, some Porcupine Tree (I only have a few albums -- I need to get more. The Marty mentioned above is a huge PT fan -- whenever he talks about them I always think of Axver. :lol: ), Wilco, the Go-Betweens (actually, I mostly like the Grant McLennon Go-Betweens songs, not so much the Robert Forster Go-Bees songs. Also like Grant's solo work), Gersey. Those are pretty much my current faves.

Also The Church still really excite me - don't forget they have been releasing albums almost as long as U2 and most have been good...in fact the last few have been really good. Seems like they keep getting better.

Have you heard Untitled #23 yet? I've only had it in it's finished form about a week, but I'm really loving that album. I particularly like that Steve does almost all the lead vocals. Happenstance has Steve and Marty on vocals, but it's more heavily Steve. I tend to like Marty's solo and side project songs better than the Marty-sung Church songs.

:reject:

Sorry. Off on a Church spiel again. Every board needs it's very own church freak and I seem to be this one's. :uhoh:

U2 is the only band that:
- I get excited for every new album
- want to see every tour
- listen to their back catalogue

normally (not now No line ... has just been released) I don't listen to them all that often, but they are my favourite band

Definately A favorite, they are probably number 1 today, but it could change tomorrow...

It used to be an absolute. And then my absolute was some other dude.

But these days I can't find that one that I'm just obsessed with...

I don't know if I'm just getting older, or I haven't found the right one yet.

Wow, I sound like I'm talking about a girl.

Sad isn't it?

My wife sometimes talks about how she has to share me :wink:

U2 is my number 1 although that tends to change between albums and tours.

I have to say that this sub-forum has really helped me expand my musical horizons quite a bit so I have to give mad props to the regulars in here for pointing me in good directions, offering good advice and even sending me some new music now and then :hi5:

Not anymore. They used to be a few years ago, but since then, my musical horizons have opened up quite a bit.

Now, I can't name an artist who is my absolute favorite. I've got probably 10 or 15 that I can't go without, U2 is one of them, but they definitely aren't #1 for me today.

U2 is my favorite band.

I don't know for how long, but its been 8 years and counting.

yes, since 1991. i will never "get" another band or care about another band as much as i care about U2. they've provided the soundtrack to a great portion of my life, good times and especially bad, and i have forged a deep emotional connection to several of their albums.

however, i'll go months without listening to them. lots of other music will rise to the top of my playlist for a while. i'll become obsessed with other bands at different points, and i also have a deep love for several other bands as well.

but there's an endurance to my relationship with U2 that no other band can touch. simply, they came along at exactly the right point in my life, and remain, to this day, the only band that (ultimately) matters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom