Two of the best live albums ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
the_cure_show.jpg

B000002HEE01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What are your favourite live albums guys!? And remember, those of you posting UABRS will be taken outside and shot in the back of the head. :applaud:

the first dozen would be Frank Zappa albums
followed by The name of this band is (Talking Heads), Live at the Old Quarter Texas (Townes van Zandt), Live at San Quentin (Mr. Cash) and the Natalie Merchant Live album
Leonard Cohen live in London should be worth checking out

:hmm::hmm: Hmmm... I've never been into live albums, but Led Zep's How the West Was Won is pretty amazing.

Live At Leeds is always the first thing I think of when live albums are discussed...I haven't listened to it in years but I remember thinking it was awesome back in the day.

Also, I have really fond memories of raiding my Dad's old vinyl LP's and stumbling across this gem -

Bruce_Springsteen_Live_75-85.jpg

Kinda turned me into a bug Bruce fan. And, of course, the best live rock and roll band in the world right now...Pearl Jam. You can't go wrong with any of their hundreds of self-released live bootlegs from this decade. And they released an official live album, Live On Two Legs, which is pretty damn good.

Best Two Live Albums:

Concert For George: A Tribute to George Harrison 2002 (Get the DVD too!)
Silverchair: Live From Faraway Stables (again.. Get the DVD set!)

and other DVDs that are non-U2-

David Bowie- Reality Tour
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- Live in Gainesville 2006 (Hard to find- but SO worth it!)
Bruce Springsteen & The Sessions Band- Live in Dublin
Incubus- Alive at Red Rocks
Pink Floyd- Pulse
Muse- HAARP
and Anything David Gilmour releases.

Back
Top Bottom