Twin Shadow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
In light of the comments in the Random thread, I decided to make a thread for these guys, as I think they deserve it. Also, there are a number of bands that I only know about because I had seen their names in the titles of threads, so maybe some more people will give Twin Shadow a listen.

Anyway, just got back from the show a little while ago. I was super impressed! They were really tight and had the bass way up in the mix which was an awesome decision. I felt it gave some of the tunes a bit of a Talking Heads vibe. Even songs that I thought were just okay on the album were standouts live... hell, the whole show was filled with standouts. They were really quite awesome. The venue was sold out, so it was really cramped (with Hipsters) and hot and sweaty, but whatever, the songs were great. I bought an LP after the show and George Lewis Jr was cool enough to sign it for me (I felt like a huge loser asking, but the guy was standing right there. What was I supposed to do?).
The set was short (as expected from a band with one album) but very sweet. Great energy in the band too
So ya, if they come to your town, go see them.

I'm also going to have to edit me favourite songs and albums of 2010 because I got on these guys too late. They're definitely near the top on both counts. It's nice to have a new band to be excited about. Things were starting to get a little stale for me

I have this album but have not given it the number of listens that it deserves. I was impressed upon the first spin, but it does seem like the type of album that rewards multiple listens.

What was the lead single for their album? I'm pretty sure I've heard it, and liked it quite a bit. Not sure now. I'll have to check them out, thanks for the heads up, JT. Glad the show was enjoyable. Sometimes it's a lot of fun to see a band who only has one album, as you know you'll know everything. :wink:

I have this album but have not given it the number of listens that it deserves. I was impressed upon the first spin, but it does seem like the type of album that rewards multiple listens.

This, word for word. It blends genres I love, and the songs are consistently strong. I Can't Wait was one of my favorite songs of 2010.

Also, Chris Taylor has been on one hell of a hot streak lately.

What was the lead single for their album? I'm pretty sure I've heard it, and liked it quite a bit. Not sure now. I'll have to check them out, thanks for the heads up, JT. Glad the show was enjoyable. Sometimes it's a lot of fun to see a band who only has one album, as you know you'll know everything. :wink:
I believe it was Castles in the Snow.

Not Safe For Work. I think of the same thing, Cobblerino.

I listened to Slow (which is the song I previously heard), I Can't Wait, and Castles in the Snow. Didn't really care for I Can't Wait, but dug the other two. I'll have to try to stream the album on Napster this weekend. I've had a free membership there for almost a year, and continually forget I can listen to things there.

u2popmofo said:
Not Safe For Work. I think of the same thing, Cobblerino.

I listened to Slow (which is the song I previously heard), I Can't Wait, and Castles in the Snow. Didn't really care for I Can't Wait, but dug the other two. I'll have to try to stream the album on Napster this weekend. I've had a free membership there for almost a year, and continually forget I can listen to things there.

I can't wait might be my favorite song on the album.

Y u no like That song for?

y-u-no.jpg

That was the first song of theirs I heard. It sold me on getting the album.

i see nsfw and think it's got something to do with nsw. but i guess he's not really work safe, is he?

listened to "slow" and "castles in the snow." enjoyable enough. but it's like how when i hear interpol i think i should just go listen to joy division. "slow" made me think i should just go listen to morrissey instead.

"slow" made me think i should just go listen to morrissey instead.

I don't really hear that comparison, although it's an interesting thought. To me, Morrissey is inimitable. He is one of only a few genuinely unique artists.

Yeah, I don't hear any similarities there either.

Early Decemberists were the closest to The Smiths as I think we've ever had, and Colin Meloy sounds nothing like Morrissey.

something about the vocals in the verses. or maybe i was just tired. :shrug:

Take that pretty Joy Division-y 80s sound and marry it to The Unforgettable Fire's studio sound and you get Twin Shadow.

No doubt why I love Twin Shadow so far.

If someone else made a Twin Shadow thread for the new one, I apologize.

Anyways, hadn't listened to this in a while, but hoooooly shit, I forgot how good it was.

Back
Top Bottom