TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Say what you will about Nine Types of Light, but there were some really banging tracks on there, esp. Will Do, Second Song, and Keep Your Heart.

Yes. I liked several songs on it a whole lot. It also gave us the Repetition>Wolf Like Me live combo, which is probably the most kick-ass live thing I've seen in recent times.

This new track is good, nothing spectacular. Looks like a standalone single.

It's probably safe to say that $5 to see them and Twin Shadow perform together is an awesome deal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

love love love the cover:

261e8685.jpg

01. Quartz
02. Careful You
03. Could You
04. Happy Idiot
05. Test Pilot
06. Love Stained
07. Ride
08. Right Now
09. Winter
10. Lazerray
11. Trouble
12. Seeds

Of all their lead singles to date (Staring at the Sun, Wolf Like Me, Golden Age, Will Do), this one is easily my least favorite. But when you consider how impressive those tracks are, I guess it's not so bad.

Reminds me of Bloc Party.

I'm not the biggest fan of this band (I love individual songs but the albums are always very hit-and-miss for me), but this has to be one of the most amazing TV performances I've seen. I know most of you have seen this already but it deserves to be posted again. Stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvpGufrg_E0

To explain furthermore, even though I am frustrated that the albums are so uneven for my taste, the Young Liars EP is pretty fantastic. Blind is a beautiful song that doesn't get mentioned that often.

Was it the faster, guitar-heavy version? I was pretty surprised when I heard that arrangement. Good stuff.

It wasn't any faster, but definitely was guitary. Everything on the Return to Cookie Mountain tour leaned towards a shoegaze type guitar sound, as the Wolf Like Me video you posted shows. Probably why everything they've done has been massively downhill from there for me. The first two albums and eps hit it out of the park for me though.

Can't say the new single hit me too hard, but I'm still confident for the album. Great band.

I find the new song to be really solid and enjoyable. I couldn't really figure out why you all seemed so underwhelmed until I saw the list of their previous lead singles. Compared to those, yeah, this is underwhelming. But, I'm one of the few who really liked their last album, so I'm super optimist and excited.

Back
Top Bottom