TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Incredible gig tonight. They rock seriously hard. High octane shit.

Opener was Dappled Cities, the lead singer sounded like the dude from Beach House. So imagine Beach House but set to rock/pop instead of whatever Beach House's music is called.

Anyway these guys are a phenomenal live band. They all look so cool... Tunde can dance, he does this cool wavy thing with his arm and really moves his body when he sings big parts, Kyp is the coolest motherfucker out, the bassist looked a bit like Nicky Nat, the other guitarist, the white dude, looks like Clark Kent (and judging by the way he was shredding the guitar he would be a world champion masturbator), and the trombone adds so much. Drumming is top notch.

I still only have Cookie Mountain and Nine Types of Light, but thoroughly enjoyed all the other songs they played (setlist tomorrow). DLZ and Staring at the Sun (mate told me what they were) were off the charts. Forgotten was great. Second Song awesome. Will Do awesome. I Was a Lover sent me jumping all over the joint, apparently they don't play it much so I wasn't expecting it, and it sounded incredible. Would have to be my favourite chune of theirs I'd say. Now, Repetition is a song I don't care for much on record, but it explodes live and gets the place jumping before leading into Wolf Like Me, which is just insanity if you've have the chance to see it live. Phenomenal. They played Blues From Down Here (great, great song) to start the encore and then two great songs I didn't know to end the show.

My only complaints were that it was really short (like an hour 20!!) and that they barely played any slower songs. I Was a Lover and Will Do were really the only moments they slowed things down a bit. I was really hoping they'd play Killer Crane, maybe with close with that and Tonight or Wash the Day Away.

:up::up::up::up::up:

Well she puts the ug(h) in ugly, judging by a quick google search. Ann as the nose on plain's face.

Young Liars
The Wrong Way
Caffeinated Consciousness
Second Song
Red Dress
Will Do
I Was a Lover
DLZ
Staring at the Sun
Repetition
Wolf Like Me

Blues From Down Here
Waiting Room (Fugazi)
Satellite

But New Cannonball Blues and Forgotten were both in there somewhere too.

For a second I thought Cobbler had reached a new low and had insulted Queen Victoria, which apparently awoke the English pride in iYup.

Waiting Room cover?! That's pretty awesome. I haven't listened to the new album in ages, I'll do that right now.

Yeah, they played that when I saw them over the summer too. It was awesome but I'm surprised it stuck. Cool.

My girlfriend, who is finishing a PhD in English history, believes that William will be the last monarch of England. I'm not sure I agree, though, because the royal family really functions well as mascots.

Newwwwww singllllllllllllllle

TV On The Radio's 'Mercy' Premiers Across Instagram, HuffPost (EXCLUSIVE)

You can stream it in the above link, it's pretty awesome.

o-TV-ON-THE-RADIO-570.jpg

I've really enjoyed every album these guys have done.

Still a bummer that their bassist died. Dude was super young.

Say what you will about Nine Types of Light, but there were some really banging tracks on there, esp. Will Do, Second Song, and Keep Your Heart.

Back
Top Bottom