TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm excited to get the wax tomorrow and spin the shit out of it. Although I must admit I've already caroused the Rhapsody stream many a time.

Every time I write "TV on the Radio", I have to make a concentrated effort to not write "TV on the Radiohead".

I approve of this album, though it's probably their most accessible, it isn't any less enjoyable. Favorites after the first listen: "Second Song", "You", "Will Do", & "Repetition". :up:.

Where was I for the Dear Science party? I listened to it once a little while after its release and somewhat dismissed it as over-hyped, then relistened to it a few days ago and absolutely loved it. The grooves are killer and the arrangements delightfully eccentric. Great, great stuff.

I need to wait until Friday to buy this. Damn you, clothing alterations that cost me more than I had planned for! :shakes fist:

I'm happy to say I like this album lot more than Dear Science.
banana.gif

Another listen hasn't really endeared this to me any. :( No real cohesion, and no standouts anywhere near the level of Staring At The Sun, Wolf Like Me, or Family Tree. Just a bunch of pretty enjoyable songs. I understand why the critics aren't praising this one as highly as the last couple while also not exactly bashing it. Nothing new here, but nothing bad, really.

It's definitely more laid-back and for the masses, but I think the lyrics are a lot more relatable this time around, though that may have something to do with how the vocals are mixed.

Where was I for the Dear Science party? I listened to it once a little while after its release and somewhat dismissed it as over-hyped, then relistened to it a few days ago and absolutely loved it. The grooves are killer and the arrangements delightfully eccentric. Great, great stuff.

Same thing happened to me except this went down a few months ago. Longer than that, I guess, but still. Didn't like it all, then all of a sudden loved it.

That happened with OK Computer for me as well, but that's a story for a different day/thread.

Damn, I missed that.

Just caught the televised performance, though. Not surprisingly, they did "Will Do."

Kyp Malone is so cool.

So, did they move their drummer to bass and get a new drummer for this tour? I'd have assumed they'd have just gotten a bassist for the tour.

Enjoyed this a great deal. "Second Song", "You" and "Will Do" especially. Didn't care much for "No Future" and I can't figure out if I liked or disliked "Killer Crane". The song was nice, but it felt like they were trying a little too hard for that beloved ballad.

Killer Crane is the one that sorta annoys me too. It's fine, but just gets on my nerves for some reason.

Feels like their White Album or ATYCLB. A little too poppy for me, not as good as the last two, but still better than 99% of everything else out there. The songwriting and production are spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom