TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, I've been avoiding Pitchfork lately.

Excellent news though! I wish we had a concrete release date...

It was pretty great, though. At least for me.

I'm watching Breaking Bad right now (fucking phenomenal show, by the way) and they used "DLZ" brilliantly in an episode-closing sequence that was just superb. Damn.

Rest assured that if Breaking Bad took place in Utah rather than New Mexico, Walter White would have felt the cold steel of the musket long ago.

You'd be surprised, meth labs were being busted on the news in SLC on a nearly daily basis a few years back.

Utah justice forevar

It was pretty great, though. At least for me.

I'm watching Breaking Bad right now (fucking phenomenal show, by the way) and they used "DLZ" brilliantly in an episode-closing sequence that was just superb. Damn.

Which one

I must see this

Second season, if memory serves. The ep that ends in the grocery store parking lot.

Alright, hold up.

Let's not get into spoiler territory here. For Christ's sake.

"DLZ" is played at the end of Season 2, episode 10.

Fuck.

:eek: Crap, I didn't even think about that. Sorry, it's edited. got thrown by the lot reference

It's all good. But now I know something that I wish I didn't know.

I mean, it's fine to say that you enjoyed the use of "My Heart Will Go On" in Titanic, but you don't go around saying

that the boat hits an iceberg and sinks at the end.

That was a joke by the way.

Maybe not delivered very well.

It was a very '90s joke. I should probably update my references.

I got it.

I like TV on the Radio. I didn't know their hiatus was over. This is a pleasant surprise.

I enjoyed Cookie Mountain and Dear Science. I look forward to this.

That was a joke by the way.

Maybe not delivered very well.

It was a very '90s joke. I should probably update my references.

:lol: I was staring at that post for a while thinking "....is GAF being ironic?" But I eventually decided that WOULD be a reference point for you. :wink:

I've only heard their last album, and I liked it a lot more than I expected to, so I'm quite looking forward to this one, and this serves as a reminder that I really need to get around to Cookie Mountain.

I liked the last album when it came out, and that was my first exposure to the band. The more time goes by, the more I love the album. I have Cookie Mountain, but it hasn't clicked with me the way the last one has. Happy to hear they have a new one on the way.

I like it a lot too, it's very similar to the vibe of the songs I enjoyed from the last album.

Wow, it's kind of cool that the local alternative station here (The End) keeps getting these sorts of breaks. I think they had sections of the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack up last summer, among others. A long time ago I think they had a Fiona Apple album that had been stuck in label purgatory.

Back
Top Bottom