TV on the Radio new album - Dear Science, - Sept. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pictureiv9.jpg

I like the last bit of the album quite a bit as well.

To be completely honest......I still like Return to Cookie Moutain more than this one. Probably quite a bit more. I'd rate this higher than the Desperate Youth though.

It finally overtook Evil Urges. I keep finding little things to fall in love with.

Don't know if anything can overtake Evil Urges, but I am falling in love, too.

These are the tracks I played on the radio last night:

TV on the Radio - Halfway Home
TV on the Radio - Crying
TV on the Radio - Stork Owl
TV on the Radio - Family Tree
TV on the Radio - Lovers Day

I had it in my hands on Saturday and put it back for some dumb reason. I need to get it.

I still like Return to Cookie Mountain considerably more. With how everyone else is responding to it, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my ears.

Maybe that's why I put it back. I've heard about 3 tracks from Dear Science and I like them but I wasn't blown away. But since I generally end up liking everything I've heard by them I will probably pick it up.

It's still really good, I just don't find myself wanting to listen to it or having any of the songs stuck in my head. With Return to Cookie Mountain, I couldn't stop listening to that thing for a year, and constantly had songs in my head.

I have no memory of what that song sounds like. I will have to listen to the album this week I suppose.

Even though the album is quite good, I really thought I was going to like it a lot more after the love and worship I gave Return to Cookie Mountain.

Oh man they were so good and they played DLZ and I loved it and all kinds of other stuff.

This is a stellar album but I do think that I still prefer Cookie Mountain. I think the highs on that album eclipse the highs on this one.

Crying, Shout Me Out, and DLZ are me favorites. They're all pretty damn good, though.

It's still really good, I just don't find myself wanting to listen to it or having any of the songs stuck in my head.
I know what you mean
I listened to it again last Sunday in the car and even though it is a great listen it indeed somehow fails to stick

I do also agree with GAF that it probably has to do with the hights of their former albums (I guess I do still think Desperate Youth ... is my favourite)

still it is impossible to deny it is a great album and strengthens TV on The Radio position as perhaps the most interesting band of the decade

So I had thought the lyrics in 'Golden Age' were first "ancient miracles", second "Asian miracles", and now I've realized it's "age of miracles".

I apparently have hearing/mental problems, as "age of miracles" is completely obvious and makes considerably more sense than the other two.

Dancing Choose. Wow. Quickly becoming one of my favorite songs of the year. I don't know what took me so long but shit that's a hell of a song.

Back
Top Bottom