TV on the Radio new album - Dear Science, - Sept. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm let down from overhype, I will punch your crotchal regions soooo hard.....

Local independent store is selling this already. I have a feeling I'll have it before the day is over.

:cool:

*chimes in late.

this album is incredible. I didn't like their last album, but this album has made me a fan.

"Family Tree" may very well be my favorite song of the year so far.

Job well done, gang.

"Family Tree" may very well be my favorite song of the year so far.

Job well done, gang.

It would be up there for me, but it lacks a climax. I don't like songs that float along without rewarding you.

The funkier tracks do it for me. Crying, Dancing Choose, Golden Age, Love Dog, etc.

A member of Interference who will remain nameless told me that he thought the 'Golden Age' video was possibly less heterosexual than 'What, What In the Butt'.

Just finished Dear Science for the first time....:applaud:

Seems like they took everything that made Cookie Mountain so good and refined it even more. Great overall sound :up:

I'm also good at missing the TV appearances I tell others about...

You're also good at getting me to watch Letterman when TVOTR isn't even on.

Apparently it got bumped to Friday. But they're going to play "Dancing Choose." Which is awesome.

Speaking of which, doesn't that little guitar lick in the second verse periodically coming in on the right channel just make that song? That verse just kills me. I adore it.

I mean fuck.

I am stunned into near-incoherence at how spectacular of a record this is. I have enjoyed next to nothing that TVOTR has recorded ("Playhouses" was great...but that was it), since Young Liars first got all those uncalled-for raves, back in the day. Accordingly, I expected basically nothing but resentment on my part for all the praise Dear Science, was sure to get and is now getting, but I've gotta say...I am blown the fuck away, and I was (at least as) wrong as Hades. Wow. Jaw-dropping. Career-defining. A bigger shocker than Kala, last year, which was by leagues the best record I heard, in 2007. This one, here, sounds like it might be one of the better records I've heard not only this year, but potentially this decade. This has been a good year for me, in terms of loving on some new music, and this album is keeping the streak alive like a mo'fucker. I'm blindsided, and that has suddenly become par for the course.

I've been stunned by the blissed-the-shit-out Ruby Suns (Sea Lion), pile-driven and German suplexed by Josh Goldberg (his self-released Double Murder Suicide is a concept album based on the life and times of the late Chris Benoit), terrified of Jesus and dance remixes/mashups by The Mae Shi (HLLLYH), taught to believe in the future of music, as well as to dance like I'm not actually a hipster, by my boys and gorgeous girls in Los Campesinos! (both Hold On Now, Youngster... and We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed), confused in a good way by the smooth, soulful beauty of Raphael Saadiq (The Way I See It), lit up by Neon Neon (Stainless Style), fallen head-over-heels in love with Johnny Foreigner (the near-perfect Waited Up Till It Was Light), and now, against all odds and all of my bullshit pretension and aversion to the hyped, I'm watching some TV on my radio and I'm fucking loving it, right along with everybody else.

Sorry to ramble, but that's not even the half of it (The Hold Steady, anyone...?). This has been a wonderful musical year. I'm almost glad that U2's not coming in and gunking up the works by releasing a record which, regardless of its sure-to-be-there merits, I'd likely find myself disappointed in, just because U2 and I are kinda at different points on the musical continuum, these days. Yes, 2008 has kicked me in the ass and balls, again and again and again, and I've fuckin' loved every minute of it it.

Meh. 2008 has been OK. A number of great records, but only a couple that have surprised me (of course, the count could rise greatly over the coming months).

I am, however, in agreement that Dear Science is wonderful.

IYS
smielephantiy2.gif

I just bought this bastard on vinyl. I was pleased to find it was 180 gram. It sounds so fucking great.

Back
Top Bottom