Tori Amos is back! And so are her old songs! (Gold Dust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From Tori's facebook page:

Really exciting news! Tori is releasing a new album entitled ‘Gold Dust’ set for release in October.
Tori has re-imagined a personally hand-picked collection of songs spanning her entire catalogue for her thirteenth studio album. It features re-workings of songs in orchestral settings, which Tori produced in the studio with the Metropole Orchestra conducted by Jules Buckley with arrangements by John Philip Shenale

Tori will also be doing a very limited number of orchestral shows in the US and Europe around the release.

Not sure how I feel about this. I think it's either going to be amazing or useless.

Considering how little I've liked her recent output, I'll happily take orchestral arrangements from her catalog. (Assuming there'll be stuff from her records I DO like, as opposed to 15 songs from the last 3 albums or something.)

An artist going back and re-recording old songs is generally not encouraging. Nor is doing orchestral arrangements for said songs. I shudder to recall that THIS exists

6b35810ae7a0d0c2822ae110.L.jpg

corianderstem said:
Considering how little I've liked her recent output, I'll happily take orchestral arrangements from her catalog. (Assuming there'll be stuff from her records I DO like, as opposed to 15 songs from the last 3 albums or something.)

Yeah, orchestral Little Earthquakes couldn't be that bad. Not new Tori Amos album bad.

And here's the tracklisting and release dates as well:

1. FLAVOR
2. YES, ANASTASIA
3. JACKIE'S STRENGTH
4. CLOUD ON MY TONGUE
5. PRECIOUS THINGS
6. GOLD DUST
7. STAR OF WONDER
8. WINTER
9. FLYING DUTCHMAN
10. PROGRAMMABLE SODA
11. SNOW CHERRIES FROM FRANCE
12. MARIANNE
13. SILENT ALL THESE YEARS
14. GIRL DISAPPEARING

Album release dates are as follows:
10/2 in the US & Canada
10/1 in the UK & Europe
9/28 in Germany
10/5 in Australia

Really excited to see Marianne on here. :heart:

I'm pretty excited about hearing the rest of this album to be honest. Seems as though the tour is going to be pretty small and only a handful of shows.

So I went down the rabbit hole on youtube last night and found myself watching Tori Amos Unplugged from 1996. I used to have that particular show on VHS and would watch it from time to time. That was peak stuff from her, as far as I'm concerned. All the Boys for Pele stuff...just the best. It reminded me of seeing her on the Dew Drop Inn tour and Plugged tours, and I just got a little nostalgic.

Been there! :up: The songs from that period were I think indeed her finest, though I actually prefer later (plugged) performances of those songs.

Listened to the bloated American Doll Posse after ages and came up with a version that trims a lot of the unnecessary fat.

1. Big Wheel
2. Bouncing Off Clouds
3. Digital Ghost
4. You Can Bring Your Dog
5. Mr. Bad Man
6. Girl Disappearing
7. Secret Spell
8. Code Red
9. Roosterspur Bridge
10. Beauty of Speed
11. Almost Rosey
12. Velvet Revolution
13. Dark Side of the Sun
14. Posse Bonus
15. Smokey Joe
16. Dragon

There, that's a lot easier to handle.

New album, Unrepentant Geraldines, forthcoming from Tori this spring. Big tour to follow, with European dates already on sale.

I'm curious to see what this next chapter in Tori's career sounds like. The arrangements and simpler vocals on Gold Dust give me hope that this will be a tighter, more focused record than some of her more recent efforts.

Back
Top Bottom