Tori Amos is back! and is in the Night Of Hunters (Aka New Tori Amos Album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Well I wasn't gonna do this, because I don't think anyone cares, but Fiona Apple gets her own thread, so I'm doing it.

TORI AMOS MAKES HER DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON DEBUT WITH NIGHT OF HUNTERS

NEW ALBUM SET FOR SEPTEMBER 2011 RELEASE

21ST CENTURY SONG CYCLE INSPIRED BY CLASSICAL MUSIC THEMES SPANNING OVER 400 YEARS

May 5, 2011 – (New York, NY) – Tori Amos marks her debut album for Deutsche Grammophon, the world’s most celebrated classical music record label with Night of Hunters, set for release this September. The iconic, platinum-selling singer-songwriter continues her legacy of ground-breaking recordings with this 21st century song cycle inspired by select classical pieces spanning the last 400 years.

With Night of Hunters, Amos carries on the classical tradition of variations on a theme: taking inspiration from classical forms to create a bold new work while paying tribute to the mastery of the original compositions.

On Night of Hunters, which she wrote and produced, Amos comments “I have used the structure of a classical song cycle to tell an ongoing, modern story. The protagonist is a woman who finds herself in the dying embers of a relationship. In the course of one night she goes through an initiation of sorts that leads her to reinvent herself allowing the listener to follow her on a journey to explore complex musical and emotional subject matter.”
“One of the main themes explored on this album is the hunter and the hunted and how both exist within us,” the singer explains.

The release of Night of Hunters will be supported by a tour in Europe and the U.S. starting in Helsinki, Finland on September 28th.

With more than 12 million albums sold and multiple Grammy nominations, Tori Amos is one of the most successful and influential artists of her generation. A pioneer across multiple platforms, she was the first major label artist to offer a single for download, has had her songs turned into graphic novels, and has produced pioneering videos throughout her career. She is renowned for her passionate and broad fan-base, her critically and commercially successful tours, and her ever evolving live show. Ms. Amos is also a noted humanitarian and co-founder of RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network), which is the United States’ largest anti-sexual assault organization.

For more details visit:
toriamos.com
tori amos (therealtoriamos) on Twitter
Tori Amos | Facebook

At least we can expect lots of Piano is this one, hopefully. For the moment I'm semi excited about the album, but about to combust about a tour. :up: :up: :up:

I was thinking she may have come back in pog form. A new album is way less exciting. :(

I didn't think I'd get excited about any new material after Tori's last album, but I think that the classical thing sounds pretty interesting so I'll allow some cautious optimism.

And yeah another tour would be awesome :drool:

Huh, this sounds rather nifty. So I guess I'll be buying yet another Tori album after being disappointed for the last umpteen CDs of hers.

:wink:

:lol:, that was a great thread title.

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. This could be interesting...
maybe, we'll see

Man, I forgot all about this. It's even managed somehow not to be on my exhaustive list of albums I want to hear from this year :doh:

Well American Doll Posse turned out alright. I'm not expecting much from this album to be honest, so hopefully it will exceed my low expectations and be a good album. Just so long as she tours downunder (unlikely) I'll be happy.

Its leaked, have only heard about half of the album, and was only half interested. I'll have to sit back and listen properly, but aside from the two clips above, I ain't diggin' it very much. :sad:

I can't get past the premise, or the artwork, where she once again seems determined to become a wax museum caricature of herself. Honestly, it's hard to take people seriously after they have that much cosmetic surgery. It's hard to get through the inauthenticity of the face to see if there's anything authentic left underneath. Plus, when people would rather look weirder than older, and are that consumed with their appearance, the work usually becomes self-conscious as well.

Of course I say all that having only heard the two songs here, but I don't need to hear them again.

This song can still do me in, though.
Tori Amos Putting the Damage on - YouTube

Yeah, I have to say it's disheartening to see her looking like that.

I'm listening to Boys From Pele right now. Yay.

Haven't listened to Pele in years. But I've got an 8hr drive tomorrow so I think it's now on the listening agenda. I hope my rental car has an aux hole.

No doubt her album art IS TERRIBLE. But She doesn't look as bad in person, I can tell you that (well as of the end of her 2009 tour)

Seems as if her little "tour" isn't going to reach Australia, not a bad thing I guess, wonder if she will ever come back now.

I listened to part of it on NPR. It's not bad. The music is actually lovely. I read that her young daughter and niece sing on a few songs. I heard one interesting voice that wasn't Tori but I'm not sure which one it was.

Had a lot of work to do today, so put on Night of Hunters. I'm sad to see that people here didn't care for it much. I liked it when it came out and felt it was a step in the right direction.

On iTunes, Night of Hunters led right into Scarlet's Walk, which I followed up with Scarlet's Hidden Treasures. Oh my God. I'm not sure that Tori will ever outdo that record or that time period in her career. From start to finish, SW remains one of my very favorites. :love:

Back
Top Bottom