Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great picture, bono_man! You both look adorable. I love Tori's outfit and hat--looks like she's on holiday! :cute:

Ok. Phew. Confusion all cleared up now. :lol:

That's awesome bono_man! :up: I knew Tori was really tiny b/c a friend of mine had his picture taken with her around To Venus And Back days and my friend is only 5' 3" and Tori was either just as tall or a tad shorter.

But I didn't know she still looks like a little girl! :ohmy:

Off to Perth tomorrow, I'm not the greatest flyer in the world...but ah....this time tomorrow I'll be nearly ready for the final tori show I'll get to see this tour.

Is there anyone here who would like a copy of the special edition of Scarlet's Walk? (The little rubber animal in mine was a teeny snake, if that makes any difference. :wink: )

I picked up a "regular" CD version of it at a used shop recently, since it fits so much better on my CD shelves and I don't have to dig through 800 different inserts just to find the CD.

PM me if you're interested. First person to bat their eyelashes at me gets it. :)

although knowing that this thread is jam-packed with diehard Tori fans, you probably all have it anyway! :lol:

Yes. And stickers, and a map, and a little booklet of faux-poloroids. It's a big mass of stuff in a cardboard CD case. I just never had any use for any of it other than the CD.

You want?

Nothing. I'll send it to you for free - I just wanted to find it a good home.

Can you PM me your address?

:)

Cori, I'm glad your deluxe Scarlet's Walk is going to a good home. :applaud:

I just stopped by this thread to say that tonight Tori's version of "The Circle Game" came on my iPod. :sigh: It was just lovely.

I freaking love this woman!

dsc01809s.jpg

I gave her a massive hug! :lol: We chatted, granted it was only about the weather in Melbourne and Perth (I told her I flew out at 6am this morning, and the weather was terrible!) ....and about Midwinter Graces....oh so Awesome.

So I can't get to Brisbane tomorrow, and post concert depression is kicking in...here's my "Tori Shrine" minus the tour book and t-shirt.....

Memories of the good times!

She signed the inside of my AATS Record in Canberra, Midwinter Graces in Perth!

dsc01828f.jpg

dsc01831v.jpg

dsc01832vo.jpg

I ordered a copy of the holiday album off Amazon this weekend. Looking forward to hearing it, as I'm now ready for my holiday music. ;)

I ordered a copy of the holiday album off Amazon this weekend. Looking forward to hearing it, as I'm now ready for my holiday music. ;)

I picked it up yesterday with a gift card I forgot still had money on it. I immediately hated the first song and then didn't get to listen to the rest yet. The reason I didn't like the first song is because she's doing that weird and increasingly annoying thing where she doesn't pronounce the words right, doing that vocal manipulation of the words that drives me freaking crazy. Why can't she just SING normally with her beautiful voice? I've read consistently great reviews so hopefully I'll like the rest of it or at least a lot of it. The artwork is, again, horrendous.

And I guess I'm kind of in a bad mood today, lol. :happy:

Star Of Wonder and A Silent Night With You are my faves so far.

Christmas tunes aren't really my thing.

I'm most impressed by the 4 shows and 59 different songs! :ohmy: :shocked: That is awesome and amazing!

Tori :heart:

I know, right? I'll kick myself forever for not going to the brisbane show....I suspect some of my faves will get played. I do hope she comes back!

I'm on track 8 and so far nothing I really ever want to listen to again. :grumpy:

Holiday music, blah.

/negative nancy

The only Christmas song for me is The Pogues' Fairytale of New York :wink:
:hi5: That's the one! I listen to it every year. I also love Tori's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas which is truly moving but there's nothing on this record anywhere near that good, imo. The vocals aren't very strong either. I'm genuinely surprised by the ecstatic reviews. But it's mostly that Christmas music in general is boring to me except for certain classical pieces.

Now I feel bad that I came on here and said how great everyone thought it was. I'm sorry if I convinced people to buy a crappy record. :reject:

As a collector, I'll still probably be picking it up. :|

And for my money, "Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC is the best holiday song ever written. I'm also partial to "Last Christmas" as covered by James Dean Bradfield of the Manics. :love:

Now I feel bad that I came on here and said how great everyone thought it was. I'm sorry if I convinced people to buy a crappy record. :reject:

As a collector, I'll still probably be picking it up. :|

I read a lot of fan reviews that began with, "I was skeptical at first..." but then they really loved it. I thought, well, that sounds like me - very skeptical so maybe I'll like it. And you might really like it! Don't feel bad. I'm a collector, too. And it was free with a gift card I had. :)

Well, I'm glad you were able to pick it up with a gift card. My birthday is this Saturday, so I'm waiting for b-day money before picking it up. It is definitely at the bottom of my list of CDs to get, though, knowing that you don't care much for it. I'm not a huge holiday person anyway (music or otherwise), so I have no idea what I'll think of it.

Well Tori is done and dusted for the 2009 Tour...minus a few little gigs in the States and London in the next couple of weeks.

Setlist from Brisbane:
* Lady In Blue
* Caught A Light Sneeze
* Blood Roses
* Virginia
* Rattlesnakes
* Siren
* Cooling
* Concertina
* I Can’t See New York
* Horses
* Winter
* Mary Jane
* Ruby Through The Looking Glass
* Playboy Mummy
* Gold Dust
* The Beekeeper
* Upside Down
* Barons Of Suburbia

Encore

* Silent All These Years

I've been listening to Scarlet's Walk lately and I think I've been too harsh to it in the past. I still think it could easily lose 2-3 tracks, but overall I'm finding it really enjoyable. Funny how your feelings change like that :)

I've been listening to Scarlet's Walk lately and I think I've been too harsh to it in the past. I still think it could easily lose 2-3 tracks, but overall I'm finding it really enjoyable. Funny how your feelings change like that :)

Yay - I always thought everyone should like it as much as HeartlandGirl and I do. :) Could definitely lose 2-3 tracks but overall it's solid and flows really well.

Not gonna lie - I really like the holiday CD, except for maybe 3 tracks.

It's been playing very softly in the background in my car for the last week and I keep hearing little things I like especially during the second half. So as usual, it's not a good idea for me to post opinions after one listen, lol. It's still not going to get much play in my house but it's better than I thought at first.

Back
Top Bottom