Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After listening to the sample clips on amazon and reading copious amounts of very positive reviews there and at iTunes, I will probably be picking this up. Sounds like it's a beautiful album that is miles from your typical holiday record.

I thought you were a fan of Sufjan's Christmas stuff, am I confusing you with someone else?

I bought it after someone in B&C said it could be enjoyed any time of year, that it wasn't terribly Christmasy. I think I played it once and put it away - because it's Christmas music, not something to be enjoyed any time of year (unless you happen to like Christmas music year round, of course). Maybe I'll drag it out and give it another spin this year to see if it does anything for me.

Well I did love Tori's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from years ago so I'll probably have to pick this up. Plus, I collect.

It's sad to keep seeing Zoots' name on this thread. :(

Very good show yesterday at the Regent Theatre. I thought it was fun to see Tori with the full band the last time she played Melbourne, but IMO she's at her most magical when it's just her alone onstage. I must admit, the setlist wasn't the favourite I've heard - I like about half of the songs on the new album and of those she only played Curtain Call and the rest were the dull fillerish ones. Still, Tori is such a compelling live performer that I was never bored. The highlights for me were Blood Roses, China, I Can't See New York (which had me sitting there bawling my eyes out like I've never done at any concert), Barons of Suburbia, and a lovely cover of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne. Roll on night two! :D

The highlights for me were Blood Roses, China, I Can't See New York (which had me sitting there bawling my eyes out like I've never done at any concert),

Blood Roses is one of my favorite Tori songs to hear live. :drool: And I Can't See New York is absolutely stunning live. I think I left my body during that sitting in the 5th row (which was incredibly close at this particular venue) during the Scarlet's Walk tour...

Her shows are generally so amazing that I end up loving the songs I don't normally like. Hope you get some good stuff tonight!

I've liked Tori's music for ages. But I have to admit, it seems that there's been something lost on the last few albums... It's a shame too. When she's on her game, she makes some intriguing music.

In a word: unity. Her albums used to be unified but on these last few she has insisted on putting far too many songs. Posse and Sin especially would be much better served being cut down to the best 12 or so songs. I think must people would agree on that.

I SO HAVE TO ADD PERTH TO MY TOUR DATES! :drool:

Its the only other show I could make, but its gonna be an expensive exercise!

Last night was awesome....full set:

1 Lady In Blue
2 Smells Like Teen Spirit
3 Blood Roses
4 China
5 Curtain Call
6 Suzanne
7 Wednesday
8 I Can’t See New York
9 Take To The Sky / Earth move Under my feet (snippet)
10 Cloud On My Tongue
11 Beauty Of Speed
12 Mary Jane

Lizard Lounge

13 A Silent Night With You
14 Purple People

15 Scarlet’s Walk
16 Ophelia
17 Virginia
18 Barons Of Suburbia

Encore

19 Sister Janet
20 Twinkle

^Very nice setlist! I adore Curtain Call and Take to the Sky. :heart:

Zoots sure does love his Tori. So here's a :drool: in his honour.

Woo-hoo I'm so glad I got tickets for both Melbourne shows because the second night was ossum! :hyper::drool: My seat was closer to the stage, even Tori's outfit was better than the other night (mixing black and scarlet with red hair doesn't quite work). Apart from Blood Roses, Barons of Suburbia, I Can't See New York we also got Little Earthquakes, Leather, Pretty Good Year, Concertina, Hey Jupiter, Mr Zebra, The Beekeeper, Flying Dutchman. I'm a happy little vegemite :)

we also got Little Earthquakes, Leather, Pretty Good Year, Concertina, Hey Jupiter, Mr Zebra, The Beekeeper, Flying Dutchman. I'm a happy little vegemite :)

Uh, yeah, that would have made me pretty happy, too! :)

Tori shows are funny that way. I remember seeing her a couple of times on one tour and the first time it was like she went through her catalog and picked all my least favorite songs. The second show was exactly the opposite - it was like my dream setlist.

Last night was awesome....full set:

1 Lady In Blue
2 Smells Like Teen Spirit
3 Blood Roses
4 China
5 Curtain Call
6 Suzanne
7 Wednesday
8 I Can’t See New York
9 Take To The Sky / Earth move Under my feet (snippet)
10 Cloud On My Tongue
11 Beauty Of Speed
12 Mary Jane

Lizard Lounge

13 A Silent Night With You
14 Purple People

15 Scarlet’s Walk
16 Ophelia
17 Virginia
18 Barons Of Suburbia

Encore

19 Sister Janet
20 Twinkle

Is it sad that I consider myself a Tori Amos fan and I only know less than half of these songs? :huh: :scratch:

Is it sad that I consider myself a Tori Amos fan and I only know less than half of these songs? :huh: :scratch:

Yeah, how'd that happen? :wink:

I don't know A Silent Night With You - I assume it's from the new holiday record.

Not many favorites of mine on this list but there are definitely a few must-knows.

Yeah, how'd that happen? :wink:

Probably because I haven't bought any of her albums since To Venus And Back. :reject:

Though I do get copies of the cds from friends, but when that happens, I can't look to see what the song names are, so I get all confused and lost and just start calling things like Track 8 rocks, #4 is really good, etc.

I did buy American Doll Posse, but then I moved and I think it's still packed away in a moving box.

Ahhh, Tori . . . you have too many songs for me to remember! :D

I don't know A Silent Night With You - I assume it's from the new holiday record.

It is. The only song on that setlist I can't place right away is Suzanne...although I do have it on my iTunes. It's on one of the Bootlegs concerts, but I've never listened to it. Is it a cover?

Edit: Yeah, it's Leonard Cohen cover. Which means I should definitely listen to it. Her covers of his songs are some of my favorites. Famous Blue Raincoat :drool:

Oh lucky you :) I'd have loved a third Tori show.

This will be my 4th this leg :shh:

Also.......

dsc01803ms.jpg

:shifty:

Cool pic :up:

Either she's really small or you're really small and she's even smaller. Or maybe you're both giants and she's just a little bit less of a giant.

Cool pic :up:

Either she's really small or you're really small and she's even smaller. Or maybe you're both giants and she's just a little bit less of a giant.

:lol: I'm really tall, and she's slightly on the short side!

You are so lucky! Did you talk to her much? :hi5:

Not really, I sorta muddled my words a little, If I make the meet and greet in Perth I'll try get my Midwinter Graces signed, and talk about that.....I was so not prepared on Sunday!

Ok, well, I've gone completely crazy. That looks like a little girl to me. :lol:

:lmao:

Ok, so I had a photo with Tori (I'm extremely tall!) and the photo posted with the little baby, is Tori's Tash! (the photo joyfulgirl posted)

Back
Top Bottom