Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the new video on TV this Saturday morning. Apart from Tori looking like death, the video looks like it was filmed for about $20. None of which would matter if the song was good, but unfortunately I thought it was utterly boring :|

What does everyone think of Maybe California?

I'm on my third listen and I'm thinking it's pretty forgettable.

The video is okay except for all the parts with Tori in it - more of Tori in pretty costumes, posing regally, hands folded over chest. Really, the director should retire. In every scene she looks like she's posing for a magazine shoot instead of a video. But I like the images of California and the home-movie feel.

^I wasn't all that impressed either, but the youtube comments I saw all loved it. Tori really looks ridiculous standing around on the beach staring at who knows what in an evening gown. Otherwise, the video would have been alright. :|

I will be buying this album, but I'm not expecting to enjoy it much more than I did Posse.

from a news article

In July of 2008, during a visit to the West Coast to appear at Comic-Con in San Diego, Tori Amos stopped by Los Angeles for a business lunch. During the meeting a woman passed Tori’s table, talking animatedly on the phone. When somebody told her Doug Morris was on the other end of the line, Amos interrupted the woman on the phone and said, “Please send Doug my love.” A few seconds later, Amos was talking to Morris–her mentor at Atlantic Records during the early nineties–for the first time in fourteen years. A few hours later, Amos began writing a new batch of songs. A few weeks later, Amos had entered into a new partnership deal with Morris and Universal.

damn, she plays a promo show, solo on grand piano, tomorrow at a radio station, and i didn´t get tickets. :|

I think she was supposed to be having really deep thoughts. :wink:

What's so amazing about really deep thoughts? :wink:

And wasn't that the plot for the England video too? :tsk: Honestly, at first I thought I was watching footage from the same video shoot.

Hi guys.

I've watched both videos and pretty damn underwhelmed by them. :slant: The songs don't seem to be that interesting either. Oh well, maybe this is a sign that she should hang it up. :(

And wasn't that the plot for the England video too? :tsk: Honestly, at first I thought I was watching footage from the same video shoot.

Exactly. Here's ME in a flag, having deep thoughts, and here's ME draped in an evening gown on the beach, having deep thoughts... :huh: I do hope the new record has some good songs on it, though. :(

What are y'all's plans for the tour? I definitely want to go to the Phoenix show, even if the album is bad, because I missed her on the Posse tour, and the tour before that, I was miserable during the show because of a raging sinus infection.

Anyone want to go to the Phx show with me?

Okay. So This isn't exactly Tori re creating Choir girl. But this album has its good patches.

So far, I enjoy Give, Welcome To England, Not Dying Today and Lady In Blue. Its a good album, and I think I'm gonna rank it better than ADP, but have only had two listens so far.

Hmm. That isn't very encouraging. But keep us posted. I'm waiting for the CD because I'm afraid if I download it I won't buy it if I don't like it, and I still want to support Tori, for the good times.

Okay. So This isn't exactly Tori re creating Choir girl. But this album has its good patches.

So far, I enjoy Give, Welcome To England, Not Dying Today and Lady In Blue. Its a good album, and I think I'm gonna rank it better than ADP, but have only had two listens so far.

Yeah, I listened to the leak and agree with most of this. I think ADP had more variety and is more interesting overall but I think Sin is more even with better songs. :up:

:ohmy:
I almost forgot this came out today but got a reminder from tori.com. I'm on my second listen and I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised. First impression - there's some really good songs here that I can't wait to get to know. The title song has already grabbed my attention.

I'm looking at the pictures for the first time, lol.

Tori%2BAmos%2Btori4.jpg

Well there are a few annoying songs. I haven't taken it all in yet but I'm definitely hearing some things I like.

I should also make it clear, I'm NOT a very big Tori fan. The only thing I've flat out loved so far is Little Earthquakes. But she always has a song or two I end up loving. For this album, it was 500 Miles, I think...I just realized I forgot to write down the name of the song I liked :lol:

Back
Top Bottom